Sign in to follow this  
Jay Magic

Magic VS Bucks

Im just being realistic at this point in the season. You've seen me root for the team since the beginning but I'm not getting fooled by this game. Seen it too many times this season.

I highly doubt we've figured anything out and can maintain this type of play. Which is why we need to get a head start on tanking.

I just want to see some growth. If we win great, if not there needs to be some growth individually or as a team. Like if we start losing but Hezonja starts doing something then that's a W in my book. But this season it's been more L after L.

Im just being realistic at this point in the season. You've seen me root for the team since the beginning but I'm not getting fooled by this game. Seen it too many times this season.

I highly doubt we've figured anything out and can maintain this type of play. Which is why we need to get a head start on tanking.

Agreed

We haven't exactly been striking gold in the draft lately.

But hope springs eternal. I'm sure if we're awful for another 5-10 years, sooner or later we'll get somebody good in the draft.

But hope springs eternal. I'm sure if we're awful for another 5-10 years, sooner or later we'll get somebody good in the draft.

Ultimately this is the crux of the tanking issue. You need to sacrifice as many years as it takes to get your star.

That's a really difficult thing to do

Yeah but in all fairness those were pretty weak drafts. And our position to pick didn't help.

Also, Free agency hasn't been kind to us either.

I see drafting as more of a need with the new cba, which makes it harder for franchise changing players to leave their ball club and join someone else.

Yeah but in all fairness those were pretty weak drafts. And our position to pick didn't help.

Also, Free agency hasn't been kind to us either.

I see drafting as more of a need with the new cba, which makes it harder for franchise changing players to leave their ball club and join someone else.

The draft with Wiggins et al was said to be one of the best drafts for years at the time. Everyone was banking on us landing a franchise player from that draft.

Ultimately this is the crux of the tanking issue. You need to sacrifice as many years as it takes to get your star.

That's a really difficult thing to do

This whole business of teams purposely trying to be awful is one of the worst features of today's NBA. I wish they would get completely away from the lottery. It's not only terrible for the fans of the teams which are "tanking" but also the fans who have to watch their team play against teams that are trying to lose. It's gotten pretty extreme and perhaps the league will find that they have to do something about it.

This whole business of teams purposely trying to be awful is one of the worst features of today's NBA. I wish they would get completely away from the lottery. It's not only terrible for the fans of the teams which are "tanking" but also the fans who have to watch their team play against teams that are trying to lose. It's gotten pretty extreme and perhaps the league will find that they have to do something about it.

They just need to get rid of exceptions that make it easy to keep your own star players

The draft with Wiggins et al was said to be one of the best drafts for years at the time. Everyone was banking on us landing a franchise player from that draft.

Meaning they weren't deep drafts