Sign in to follow this  
Jay Magic

Magic @ Lakers

So is Kyle Korver but that didn't stop the Cavs from making a move. Korver is also 36 and the trade is seemingly a win now move.

Toronto for example I can see pushing the chips all in this season too and that would be a terrific move for them; they could easily convince Ibaka to re-sign on a contending team long term. We can take their picks and/or young players so we don't lose Ibaka for nothing.

You might be right. Although Toronto could also try to sign him in half a year without trading anything. The same reasons you mention that Ibaka might be interested in such an offer would still apply.

You might be right. Although Toronto could also try to sign him in half a year without trading anything. The same reasons you mention that Ibaka might be interested in such an offer would still apply.

I don't think they can though. As it stands they will be over the cap next season and Lowry will have a significant cap hold to go with. Patterson will also be a FA and I think they want to keep him too. They can definitely renounce Sullinger but that alone doesn't get them below the cap.

I don't think they can though. As it stands they will be over the cap next season and Lowry will have a significant cap hold to go with. Patterson will also be a FA and I think they want to keep him too. They can definitely renounce Sullinger but that alone doesn't get them below the cap.

Fair points.

The Lakers young roster is fantastic and has such a bright future. Russell, Ingram and Randle really stand out.

Love Ingram's game. He's a hustler too.