Sign in to follow this  
HardCutting Franz

Rockets @ Magic

Worked better than what would have happened had we been 4 games better each year

Opinion. Not fact. Where Toast is saying facts, we tanked and it didn't work.

• Upvote 1

Opinion. Not fact. Where Toast is saying facts, we tanked and it didn't work.

You think saying Anderson would be like Nowitzki is fact?

Worked better than what would have happened had we been 4 games better each year

We don't know that though, I think he would have added more value than just 3 pointers which every NBA team wants but you think of him as making us 4 games better, that's the thing. What we do know is Anderson has thrived at NOP scoring 1309 points in his first season after leaving Orlando, now at Houston he is performing well too although I think he is overpaid there. I do think Orlando should have hung onto him as he was a proven NBA player, instead of cheapening the team in the hope that we might just make the playoffs someday in the midst of a **** lottery.

I doubt they think it's a fact of course but if Anderson was able to lead a team and possibly work on a step back jumper things could be different. Looking at 2015 when both players had a full year, Ryan Anderson had 2008 minutes & 1124 pts vs Dirk's 2363 minutes & 1372 points. It is quite interesting..

Nope those are your words. What I get from this convo is that we made a move with tanking in mind, which was supposed to be the start of going back to the playoffs. We made the moves and have not been to the playoffs in 5 years.

We failed at tanking.... I guess... I don't know. All I do know is this Magic team won't make to the post season either

Nope those are your words. What I get from this convo is that we made a move with tanking in mind, which was supposed to be the start of going back to the playoffs. We made the moves and have not been to the playoffs in 5 years.

We failed at tanking.... I guess... I don't know. All I do know is this Magic team won't make to the post season either

They're not my words. They're Toasters words which you said were facts.

They're not my words. They're Toasters words which you said were facts.

Actually no.

If you follow the previous post:

Catalina said to Toast:

We gave up Anderson to Tank

Toast replied:

That Didn't work

Which is the part I'm referring to as facts. Just like I reiterated the same thought above on why.

Rockets just took down toronto -- we shouldn't feel bad

The Houston loss wasn't bad because they aren't good. The Houston loss was bad because we caught them in a trap game and everything played right into our hands (Gordon shut down harden. Eric Gordon missed a ton of threes. Houston had low energy in the fourth quarter) and we couldn't take advantage

The Houston loss wasn't bad because they aren't good. The Houston loss was bad because we caught them in a trap game and everything played right into our hands (Gordon shut down harden. Eric Gordon missed a ton of threes. Houston had low energy in the fourth quarter) and we couldn't take advantage

No I understand. But they're a good team that has only lost 9 games so far -- they have the talent to win trap games. Any game against them would have been a struggle.

And unfortunately, at the same time, we're a bad team -- so we find ways to lose.