Sign in to follow this  
HardCutting Franz

Rockets @ Magic

Vucevic 4-15

Fournier 4-13

They both didn't play well... and it's unfortunate that they along with Ibaka our the main offfense. The roster doesn't have anyone else who can help and at the same time cover up some weaknesses.

Because we have no PG or C that can score, it allows the defense to really focus on what threats our left and how to cover them. And then our depth also lacks energy and ability to cover the short minutes. Green has been Shawn Kemp Like...

Biz played 19 mins while Vuch played 28 and shot 4-15.

I think Biz will be fine with some sturdier mins they have trended down the last 10 games.

Fine at what exactly? I'm still unclear on that.

And who was that guy bombing 3's on the 3rd Q for the Rockets? Number 3, think his name was Anderson? Didn't our GM let him walk so our team could tank?

Mission accomplished in that respect, I guess.

We lost because Gordon went 2-6 from 3?

Really?

I did not say that at all. He is improving, but he is not a difference maker yet. And he had a couple 3's that he needed to make if he decided to take them. Should I assume you think Vucevic alone was the reason we lost because he negatively affected a few offensive possessions? Obviously not, so don't treat my criticism that way. We might see the game differently, but we both understand the game.

Please look at all the things I listed first. That is why we lost for the most part. The exact reason is that we gave up far too many points, particularity open 3's in the 3rd quarter. Anderson got hot and was in great rhythm when he took those two very deep 3's which really hurt, after he knocked down 3 others minutes earlier. The only thing the man does is shoot 3's so we have no excuse for letting him get that open on the first three 3's. That changed everything and we just didn't have enough going for us all game.

Extra:

Gordon did his part on Harden all but 2-3 times he got blown by, which was to be expected. Someone should have been up on Anderson all game. Biyombo should have been able to handle that and if not him, Ibaka should have been assigned to shut him down as Ryan is not exactly quick. Vucevic can man the paint alone when the perimeter defense plays smart. You want that team driving. Our shot blockers are best at weakside blocks and could have been in position to grab long rebounds. Against other teams that strategy does not work, but the Rockets win when Harden gets to the line and on drives he kicks it out to deep shooters. Harden also gets a good amount of points when defenders give too much space. They missed several shots early and didn't adjust at the half and expect the Rockets to start hitting. This team does that a bunch. The coaches tell them that they were fortunate that the opponents miss, but need to get to the shooters. They don't adjust until the opposition his 4 to start the 3rd when you know they were told. When we listened, we were a top defensive team. As a whole this team is very slow to learn from mistakes.

Veterans are supposed to make sure guys do what is right. You are not going to get a benefit from veterans like Green who don't practice what they preach, like Jeff Green. I promise that nobody listens to him. Biyombo knows nothing about offense or perimeter defense so nobody trusts what he says about something he can't do. Ibaka seems to have forgotten how to defend the perimeter. We just need veterans who have done the right thing and have had several years of success. Our players are too smart for their own good. If they would just listen and stop doing their own thing , we would be way more consistent. Until the players understand that your defense needs to be great every minute of every game to win no matter how good the offense is at that moment, we are going to be mediocre at best. We don't have a star getting calls to bail us out. Just watch Harden and D'Antoni get up in the refs face for a full minute with no tech. If our guy is walking away and says "tht is bull****", they get rung up immediately.

This team is frustrating because we are better than this and we look great every other game yet we are stuck 4-6 games under .500. If we hit 7-8 under .500 we are toast. We don't seem to want it enough and think it will fix itself, but they have to make happen. And when the most fundamental skill in basketball, shooting, is often times the only reason we lose it hurts. When the opponent hits everything and we miss wide open or point blank shots it blows. It's like the players don't get that losing this year will have long-term effects on the franchise, possibly forcing another reset and rebuild, and making fans wait a few more years. That sense of urgency is not there. Sadly, it could be too late by the time they get that urgency. And firing Henny could kill any shot at free agents and a decent draft day if the next GM is in place. If Rob is deperate near the deadline, he could easily mortgage our future and not actually help us any. We need to get it together and win these games. This coming road trip could be our season . We cannot repeat last January like it's beginning to look like.

Gotta say Biz for 17mil a season is tough to swallow. It looks more and more like a bad purchase. But I'll give him another season

He should never be passed the ball on offense, his hands are stone. He should only rebound and play hard defense.

He should never be passed the ball on offense, his hands are stone. He should only rebound and play hard defense.

Yeah but Lowry and Derozan found ways to feed him and make him unstoppable in the paint during the playoffs. We need to watch those damn videos.

Fine at what exactly? I'm still unclear on that.

And who was that guy bombing 3's on the 3rd Q for the Rockets? Number 3, think his name was Anderson? Didn't our GM let him walk so our team could tank?

Mission accomplished in that respect, I guess.

I've been saying that for years now, we should never have gotten rid of Anderson, he would be like a younger Nowitzki for Orlando by now.

I've been saying that for years now, we should never have gotten rid of Anderson, he would be like a younger Nowitzki for Orlando by now.

No he wouldn't. He would be 3 point shooting no defense playing Ryan Anderson.

Keeping Anderson would have made us suck less. We were trying to tank.