Sign in to follow this  
HardCutting Franz

Rockets @ Magic

Gotta say Biz for 17mil a season is tough to swallow. It looks more and more like a bad purchase. But I'll give him another season

Gotta say Biz for 17mil a season is tough to swallow. It looks more and more like a bad purchase. But I'll give him another season

Biz played 19 mins while Vuch played 28 and shot 4-15.

I think Biz will be fine with some sturdier mins they have trended down the last 10 games.

The two plays before that we ran a Fournier- Gordon- green- ibaka- Vucevic lineup. Fournier aborted the play to call his own number. Airball

I saw that.

Really irked me too. He's frustrating.

Gordon was phenomenal on Harden.

Vuch was poor, I'm happy to see him traded soon.

I'm not a fan of Fournier, I feel we play better without him. That's not to say that I don't think he can still be a good player for this team, if we get a great PG or SF (move AG to PF?) then he can fill a good 2nd scorer roll, he just can't be the number 1 guy. When he's on the court though he thinks he is and tries to do everything and were worse. When he's not there, the 5 we have on the court seem to move the ball better and create more for each other.

• Upvote 2

Yeah the 70M acquisition looks pretty one sided... Biyombos Bank Account!

The next Arenas...lol

Vucevic wasn't himself. Fournier was not himself. Meeks did nothing. Payton was off for the first game in a month.Biz was MIA. We gave away the game in the 3rd. We just don't seem to want it and deserve to lose. We just don't stay focused on defense.

Problem is despite playing better, Gordon still missed several open 3's at times they were most needed, and we still lost despite his good play. He is improving though because he is getting to play regardless of mistakes early.

Mario is far more important than our staff recognizes. They are set on Green even though he is not helping us win. Just look at the last play of first half. We put him in for defense and the offensive player blows by him with speed alone. Waste of money for someone that Vogel trusts despite poor play and slowing the development of Hezonja. If we trusted Mario half as much as Gordon, he would be outplaying Green and developing.

And I am sorry, I love the attitude and personality of Biyombo, but he is worth half what we pay him. He has really been bad for the last 6 weeks. No offense at all, bad ball handling, and generally a low IQ player. Unless we have great shooting around him, like Toronto had, he might be more useful. But, Ibaka is the one that does everything on defense.

Hate to point this out, but we are getting close to playoffs being nearly impossible. We just don't have the scoring to make a serious turn around. We need to get back to .500.

Maybe we can flip Green for Millsap with Atlanta giving up players apparently. Since they are both rentals. We would just shift Biyombo to the bench and I baka to center. It would allow us freedom to move Vucevic, either in the trade for Millsap if we could grab another player from them to replace Watson or something. Manage to get Millsap and Hardaway Jr and we would definitely turn around. If not Hardaway, maybe their rookie that tore us up. He looks like a scrappy guard that will be a Courtney Lee type. Assuming Atlanta is blowing it up and going young. They could develop a Wilcox or Zimmerman. I know we like Zimm, but our team doesn't seem to want to develop guys. I really think that losing Serge would set us back. Millsap can still score and if we don't get results , he is just a rental. He was foolish to re-sign in Atlanta anyway.

Just hope Ibaka stays, playoffs or not. He has proven his supposed decline was premature. But, I don't believe he wants to be here if we can't make the playoffs this year. Ibaka never was on a team that wasn't in the playoffs, and he probably expected that it would be easier.Until he is extended, it's just lip service. Every playoff team would love him. And you can bet he would go right back to OKC.

Vucevic wasn't himself. Fournier was not himself. Meeks did nothing. Payton was off for the first game in a month.Biz was MIA. We gave away the game in the 3rd. We just don't seem to want it and deserve to lose. We just don't stay focused on defense.

Problem is despite playing better, Gordon still missed several open 3's at times they were most needed, and we still lost despite his good play. He is improving though because he is getting to play regardless of mistakes early.

Mario is far more important than our staff recognizes. They are set on Green even though he is not helping us win. Just look at the last play of first half. We put him in for defense and the offensive player blows by him with speed alone. Waste of money for someone that Vogel trusts despite poor play and slowing the development of Hezonja. If we trusted Mario half as much as Gordon, he would be outplaying Green and developing.

And I am sorry, I love the attitude and personality of Biyombo, but he is worth half what we pay him. He has really been bad for the last 6 weeks. No offense at all, bad ball handling, and generally a low IQ player. Unless we have great shooting around him, like Toronto had, he might be more useful. But, Ibaka is the one that does everything on defense.

Hate to point this out, but we are getting close to playoffs being nearly impossible. We just don't have the scoring to make a serious turn around. We need to get back to .500.

Maybe we can flip Green for Millsap with Atlanta giving up players apparently. Since they are both rentals. We would just shift Biyombo to the bench and I baka to center. It would allow us freedom to move Vucevic, either in the trade for Millsap if we could grab another player from them to replace Watson or something. Manage to get Millsap and Hardaway Jr and we would definitely turn around. If not Hardaway, maybe their rookie that tore us up. He looks like a scrappy guard that will be a Courtney Lee type. Assuming Atlanta is blowing it up and going young. They could develop a Wilcox or Zimmerman. I know we like Zimm, but our team doesn't seem to want to develop guys. I really think that losing Serge would set us back. Millsap can still score and if we don't get results , he is just a rental. He was foolish to re-sign in Atlanta anyway.

Just hope Ibaka stays, playoffs or not. He has proven his supposed decline was premature. But, I don't believe he wants to be here if we can't make the playoffs this year. Ibaka never was on a team that wasn't in the playoffs, and he probably expected that it would be easier.Until he is extended, it's just lip service. Every playoff team would love him. And you can bet he would go right back to OKC.

We lost because Gordon went 2-6 from 3?

Really?

0-2 since Fournier has come back.

It's so weird because he's simultaneously the problem and not the problem.

We need his offense but not too much of his offense

It's so weird because he's simultaneously the problem and not the problem.

We need his offense but not too much of his offense

Hes part of the problem.

He'll drop 20+ and it seems great because no one else is doing squat offensively but it's a meaningless 20+ because he plays no defense and his teammates aren't better because of it.

Gordon was phenomenal on Harden.

Vuch was poor, I'm happy to see him traded soon.

I'm not a fan of Fournier, I feel we play better without him. That's not to say that I don't think he can still be a good player for this team, if we get a great PG or SF (move AG to PF?) then he can fill a good 2nd scorer roll, he just can't be the number 1 guy. When he's on the court though he thinks he is and tries to do everything and were worse. When he's not there, the 5 we have on the court seem to move the ball better and create more for each other.

We still didn't win without him. We can cover for him for 2-3 games, but that is all. Fournier is supposed to be the main guy and before the injury he was starting to show that. We just need that one consistent guy to solidify the team. Hezonja could be him in a couple years if we use him. But, if we just replace Green with a 15ppg guy who always gets his, we would be as good as all but 2-3 teams.

JJ Redick is the vet we really need. First of all, he was always a cocky sweet shooting offensive player, that is the side that Hezonja needs to show . JJ would bring that out. Second, JJ had to learn to play defense and blossomed late, just like Mario is doing. But, if you can get Hezonja to be a gritty effort defender, his athleticism would make him a great defender. Several of our players could learn a bunch from JJ. Last, but certainly not least, is that shooting ages well. Look at Ray Allen, everyone thought he was done at Redick's age, and he won 3 championships after that age and his shooting was crucial in all of them. JJ never relied on athleticism to become a deadly shooter. You simply cannot have enough shooters. When Meeks gets going we are unbeatable. Imagine the space you can create with him and Redick. He belongs here. And we need his 14-15ppg.

Vucevic is too important until we get another decent big man, or a small ball big man or real good SF that dictates we go small . Vogel is not a small ball guy and may never be. AG is starting to take to the 3 quite well. If his shot improves just a bit more, he doesn't need to be moved back. Vogel is starting to look like he made the right call on that one.