Sign in to follow this  
fan for too long 2

Orlando vs. Knicks

Gordon with 10 3PAs. Missed most of the game due to this stupid New Years meal prep. Love that he is shooting but would be nice for him to hit 1-2 more.

Not all on him. He was given the ball at the end of the shot clock several times and forced to jack up a shot.

13 assists and 0 turnovers for EP tonight... if he could ever be that consistently, we'd be dangerous. But, we play this game after every win

When nobody is missing shots its easy to rack up assists. Great win though.

Loved the win but I dunno this team is just annoying ...but I guess this is what mediocrity is -- win some, lose some, beat some good teams, lose to some bad teams, not bad enough to be a bottom feeder and not good enough to win on a consistent basis.

13 assists and 0 turnovers for EP tonight... if he could ever be that consistently, we'd be dangerous. But, we play this game after every win

He said that last night. He said coach Vogel told him he needs to just be consistent.

Loved the win but I dunno this team is just annoying ...but I guess this is what mediocrity is -- win some, lose some, beat some good teams, lose to some bad teams, not bad enough to be a bottom feeder and not good enough to win on a consistent basis.

Yes, it's annoying. But I see more hope in Gordon's skills. I think in 1-2 years, the mess we are observing this year will payoff. They are clicking more as they learn to play more with each other. Camaraderie is there.

In the SL, Biyombo and Augustin are the black clouds. BUT I can see why they want Biyombo there to define our identity.

Yes, it's annoying. But I see more hope in Gordon's skills. I think in 1-2 years, the mess we are observing this year will payoff. They are clicking more as they learn to play more with each other. Camaraderie is there.

In the SL, Biyombo and Augustin are the black clouds. BUT I can see why they want Biyombo there to define our identity.

Biyombo was better last night than his stat line indicates.

He's been a hard guy to figure out because some games he does little but has fantastic on/off numbers and other games it seems like he's all over the place and hitting put backs and stuff but that isn't conducive to team success.

So if we play the same guys and have drastically better results wouldn't that be worse than if we still play bad? Or if we play better with changes to the rotation?

Because that would mean they don't try hard and constantly need reinforcement to play well.

They played really good defense in the second half. It's hard to get away from inconsistent effort being a significant issue, even if that is upsetting. Ibaka brings it every night, not so sure about some of the others.

They played really good defense in the second half. It's hard to get away from inconsistent effort being a significant issue, even if that is upsetting. Ibaka brings it every night, not so sure about some of the others.

yeah but at least inconsistency is something I can deal with. Playing great defense here and there is at least palatable compared to if we just locked down the entire game. Shows that effort isn't really the issue, it's more sticking to the fundamentals of the team defense and making the extra pass on offense.

yeah but at least inconsistency is something I can deal with. Playing great defense here and there is at least palatable compared to if we just locked down the entire game. Shows that effort isn't really the issue, it's more sticking to the fundamentals of the team defense and making the extra pass on offense.

So what do we think the "uncomfortable conversations" were about? I assume Vogel was pointing out how people weren't hustling on various plays, and were not putting out the effort that they should have been. Just showing people that they missed a rotation or something would be part of a normal film session and wouldn't be described as uncomfortable.