Sign in to follow this  
Franchero MVP

CHA @ ORL

I don't see his performance in garbage time changing anything. What could change his playing time are two possibilities:

1. We have a bad enough record, late enough in the season, that playoffs begin to look out of reach. At that point I could definitely see them giving Mario more PT to see what he might be able to do (if anything), since we wouldn't really be risking much, or

2. The other SG/SF are all playing so poorly that again, we have nothing to lose by putting Mario in there.

Short of those two scenarios, I doubt his status changes much. He'll still get in occasionally, during blowouts and in unusual situations, but that's about it.

eh, I think he might get those Watson minutes after last game

Then if he does well in that realm for a few games he'll get more regular minutes

eh, I think he might get those Watson minutes after last game

Then if he does well in that realm for a few games he'll get more regular minutes

It wouldn't upset me at all if that happens, I just don't expect it. We will see soon enough. I'd like to see more of Mario myself, again was just basing my previous comments on what we've seen from Vogel so far.

It wouldn't upset me at all if that happens, I just don't expect it. We will see soon enough. I'd like to see more of Mario myself, again was just basing my previous comments on what we've seen from Vogel so far.

There are probably some short term goals set between him and the coaches. If he meets those, he'll probably get PT for a bit in a game and then if he's effective, he'll keep getting put in.

He was put in randomly during the first hal of a game earlier this season, then didn't get back in after that. I'm assuming there's a system in place defining those minutes.

There are probably some short term goals set between him and the coaches. If he meets those, he'll probably get PT for a bit in a game and then if he's effective, he'll keep getting put in.

He was put in randomly during the first hal of a game earlier this season, then didn't get back in after that. I'm assuming there's a system in place defining those minutes.

I think the first part is "learn the rotations" we had that stretch of no practices so he didn't really have the opportunity to provide evidence to that.

His rotations have looked better but then he started doing inexplicable things with the ball.

so step two is don't be a negative impact.

so we have documentation of him looking like a positive impact.

step 3 will be "be able to fill into the rotation as needed"

step 4 will be "earn regular minutes and play consistently"

• Upvote 1

I think the first part is "learn the rotations" we had that stretch of no practices so he didn't really have the opportunity to provide evidence to that.

His rotations have looked better but then he started doing inexplicable things with the ball.

We still have starters who can't do the second half of step 4

It's not a twelve step program? I must be confusing it with something else

So means he should be getting another shot pretty soon? Knowing what we have in him short term will help in knowing who we can do without for trades.