Sign in to follow this  
jec

Officially Official Gamethread: Grizzlies @ Magic 12/26/16

This team is finally beginning to know itself. I wouldn't shake the chemistry too much. If anything, have Fournier come off the bench.

No but adding a piece is still a good idea. Goal isn't to beat Memphis. It's to be a playoff team.

Couldn't watch the game tonight. Looks like Gordon played great, though, which is nice. I still don't trust this team. I hope sincerely they prove me wrong; but I'm still thinking this team is going to do the same song and dance they've been doing all year, great one game/terrible the next/great one week/terrible the next. But that's why we love this sport. Things can turn around, and maybe these last two games aren't just the latest upswing before a massive fall.

Couldn't watch the game tonight. Looks like Gordon played great, though, which is nice. I still don't trust this team. I hope sincerely they prove me wrong; but I'm still thinking this team is going to do the same song and dance they've been doing all year, great one game/terrible the next/great one week/terrible the next. But that's why we love this sport. Things can turn around, and maybe these last two games aren't just the latest upswing before a massive fall.

He created almost all of his offense. Three pointers, pull ups, drives to the basket. Fade aways. And capped it off with big alley oop from Elf. It was fun to watch.

I've seen the kid play in Europe and I know for a fact that he's talented. The mind is a tricky thing though, and if you're not there mentally, you're gonna suck no matter how talented you are.

I say send him to the D-League just to get some extended minutes

Totally agree

He created almost all of his offense. Three pointers, pull ups, drives to the basket. Fade aways. And capped it off with big alley oop from Elf. It was fun to watch.

It was crazy how many times i started to tell my friend "you see, this is where he screws up. He dances around and HEYYYY GORDON NICE SHOT"

Ok so you can't watch anymore games and jec and i have to go to every game for the championship

Seriously lol

Unless we can get a go to scorer, don't trade anyone but Jeff Green.

I know players have stepped up and we got two wins, but Fournier is very important to this team. We need to lock up Meeks because his shooting really helps, but it's silly to believe we can keep this up without Fournier. Gordon won't score 30 a night often. And Meeks disappeared in the second half. Players have just stepped up, but would be a disaster long term. And, no Fournier doesn't need to go to the bench. He does things Meeks simply can't and he is starting to learn to be the go to guy. We can't forget that he is learning an entirely new role just like AG. He is a steal for what we pay him, and he is still young.

The only change we need to make is to mix players like Hezonja , and to a lesser extent Rudez and Zimmerman in the rotation more. When you throw all of them out there together it's a mess and they don't play as a unit. Since they never get a chance, they are all out for themselves. Hopefully Vogel just wants to get us over .500 and have a set rotation where players know each others games and then he will do that. But, give Mario minutes.

Other:

Everyone wants to see killer instinct and dogged effort in Mario and that is simply not his game right now. Hezonja needs to be believed in and given a chance to get his confidence back. It's like the military. First they tear you down physically and emotionally, and then they build you up into something even better. Skiles tore him down and never built him up. Forcier and Vogel need to build him up and then let him sink or swim. But, mix him in with other vets or rotation players for a change. It's hard to really get into it when you know the minutes don't mean much. What I saw was Hezonja getting comfortable over a few games, and suddenly he was being recalibrated, which apparently mean indefinitely benching someone and giving no indication what the issue is.

Catalina, you overreact to one game and are way too hasty about making changes. Every now and then a player gets hot, or has an off night. Managing without ignoring the anomalies will lead a team nowhere.