Sign in to follow this  
Mauro Pedrosa

OFFICIAL GAMETHREAD: Magic vs LA Lakers

No it was Atlanta.

I looked last night to dispute this claim but he's mostly exploiting poor defenders

Dang, I haven't looked much further other than the eye test but that's disappointing

Dang, I haven't looked much further other than the eye test but that's disappointing

Good players exploit bad defenders though.

He hit some shots late.

His first half he was 1/4 for 2 points 1 rebound 2 assists 5 turnovers in 13 minutes and was -8

In the third quarter he was 0/1 0 points 2 assists 1 turnover in 6 minutes and was +1

In the fourth quarter he played 12 minutes had 8 points and 5 rebounds. Mostly inconsequential scoring coming off offensive rebounds and cutting the margin from 18 or 17 back to 15. Green and ibaka hit a few shots in a row which cut the lead to 11 in the last 2 minutes which made the game look closer than it actually was.

This is why you can't box score watch and then jump into a conversation like you know what happened.

So, again, a game where he came back from a bad start to finish with a near double double is considered terrible? Even if it does qualify as a 'terrible' game it just shows how far he's come as a player, seeing as how another highly regarded player can't sniff that kind of balance in an off game. You are just proving my point with your comment. And I certainly saw the game, your condescension is misplaced. I wouldn't have had to see the game to prove the point anyway, the point had little to do with that particular game. You trying to lecture me about what I know about basketball is similar to when my kid tries to tell me about it, at least they are cute.

So, again, a game where he came back from a bad start to finish with a near double double is considered terrible? Even if it does qualify as a 'terrible' game it just shows how far he's come as a player, seeing as how another highly regarded player can't sniff that kind of balance in an off game. You are just proving my point with your comment. And I certainly saw the game, your condescension is misplaced. I wouldn't have had to see the game to prove the point anyway, the point had little to do with that particular game. You trying to lecture me about what I know about basketball is similar to when my kid tries to tell me about it, at least they are cute.

This is some horrendously shallow thinking, here. Throwing up some points and rebounds in garbage time, when the game was already basically over, to get ALMOST a triple-double of 10 points on 4 of 11 shooting and 8 rebounds to go along with his 6 TOs and bad defense all night; yes, that's terrible, by any standard of NBA rotation player. And throwing shade on Gordon's numbers doesn't somehow magically mean Payton's game look better, even in the unrelated context of 'how far he's come as a player'.

I'm sorry. I'm rarely outright rude in response to someone's post. I'm used to people trying to twist reason to fit a narrative. But this is drivel.

I mean if you think three quarters of horrendous basketball and one quarter of solid play in garbage time is a respectable game then i don't know what else to say