Sign in to follow this  
HardCutting Franz

Gamethread :Magic @ Heat

Ibaka would not survive guarding someone like Aron Gordon, the league has a lot of young talented 4s that are too quick for Ibaka. Don't believe me is fine, but watch for yourself when he has to guard one and you might see how much Biyombo or Vic has to fill in to pickup.

Ibaka at the 5 for us is a perfect move, he can stretch 5's at the 3 which gives plenty of room for slashing, pick and pops and screens. Naturally that would leave Gordon to match up the 4''s which won't matter who because he can handle their speed.

Again, agreed. Vogel is allergic to small ball though. It would be nice to see an alternate reality with D'Antoni coaching our team

Again, agreed. Vogel is allergic to small ball though. It would be nice to see an alternate reality with D'Antoni coaching our team

We don't have a player of James hardens caliber so I don't imagine we'd do very well

Which is why I hated the trade of Dipo.... we needed perimeter defense more than paint in my opinion, we were always getting killed by the 3 even with Dwight. Dipo is a very good defender, him with Gordon and Biyombo might have had a better effect

We don't have a player of James hardens caliber so I don't imagine we'd do very well

Sure, we'd need a new PG, but a deal could've been made. Vuc wouldn't fit with D'Antoni

Which is why I hated the trade of Dipo.... we needed perimeter defense more than paint in my opinion, we were always getting killed by the 3 even with Dwight. Dipo is a very good defender, him with Gordon and Biyombo might have had a better effect

We gave up the highest field goal percentage in the paint in the league last year

Where is the perimeter defense to my earlier point?

Again we have all this D in the paint and no one hustles to the man who had time to stop, think about it, adjust, and then watched his follow through as his shot went through...smh