Sign in to follow this  
HardCutting Franz

Gamethread :Magic @ Heat

Winslow's shot percentage is horrible, but I agree that he's a good prospect.

Hezonja makes some awful mistakes, especially handling the ball, but I've seen Fournier turn the ball over so many times this year that I'm starting to think he's just as bad with the ball.

And our staff doesn't give some young guys the opportunity to make mistakes and develop, just look at Jeff Green playing over Gordon in crunch time every single game.

--

Winslow, Josh Richardson, Tyler Johnson etc. all look great because they get minutes. You don't think Miami would LOVE to have someone with Hezonja's skillset?

Not at the expense of Winslow, no. Taking that question one step further, what exactly is Hezonja's skillset? I haven't seen anything consistently enough from him to even define what he is now or might be in the future. He's not proven himself to be a knock down shooter and he's no where near the athletic Kyle Korver that some of us thought he could possibly be. At this point you can't really even put him in the streaky shooter category because frankly he's never heated up enough to earn that label. To me, at this point, he's just bad until he proves something otherwise on the court. The fact that he can't get minutes over Jeff Green says a hell of a lot more about Mario than it does about Green.

Winslow, Josh Richardson, Tyler Johnson etc. all look great because they get minutes. You don't think Miami would LOVE to have someone with Hezonja's skillset?

I honestly don't believe Riley would trade any of those three guys for Hezonja. Richardson is obviously not having a great year thus far, but he showed plenty last year.

I honestly don't believe Riley would trade any of those three guys for Hezonja. Richardson is obviously not having a great year thus far, but he showed plenty last year.

Richardson is a great shooter. I'm not putting down the Heat guys, but if you think about it, they're not any more talented than Hezonja, they just have a way bigger window to show their worth.

And last season I remember going to the Hawks forum and seeing them shower praise on Hezonja.

The hypocritical thing about our rebuild is that we went with the youth movement, giving Oladipo, Harris, Vucevic and Payton a lot of minutes, but then traded the first two. And Hezonja and Gordon have had little playing time and obviously way smaller room to make mistakes

Richardson is a great shooter. I'm not putting down the Heat guys, but if you think about it, they're not any more talented than Hezonja, they just have a way bigger window to show their worth.

And last season I remember going to the Hawks forum and seeing them shower praise on Hezonja.

The hypocritical thing about our rebuild is that we went with the youth movement, giving Oladipo, Harris, Vucevic and Payton a lot of minutes, but then traded the first two. And Hezonja and Gordon have had little playing time and obviously way smaller room to make mistakes

Mario has had the shortest leash I have ever seen. It has messed him up big time. And it may be the best thing for him is to be traded and I hate to say that.

Skiles and Vogel have shown very little faith in younger players and that is f'ed up for our players. Here is a hint your not going to win a chip with DJ cj rudez green ilyasova and any other scrub journeyman you can find and play.

Mario has had the shortest leash I have ever seen. It has messed him up big time. And it may be the best thing for him is to be traded and I hate to say that.

Skiles and Vogel have shown very little faith in younger players and that is f'ed up for our players. Here is a hint your not going to win a chip with DJ cj rudez green ilyasova and any other scrub journeyman you can find and play.

To be clear, we ARE going to win a 'chip' playing Mario Hezonja?

I'm no expert, but the numbers seem to indicate that Payton and Gordon are both being more efficient in their playing time. Is it possible that despite being in the league fro the past two years, this is the first staff to have a coherent development plan for these players? When asked about the development of Payton and Gordon, I've heard Vogel say flat out that Mario is just as talented and he is really excited by his development. Coach speak or is the playing time for veterans simply a stop gap to not retard development by playing guys before they earn their minutes. SVG made Redick sit the bench for a few years. Maybe sitting isn't an indication of Mario's talent or his future, just an indication of his age and European background.

Skiles was notorious for over-reliance on vets and short leashes on rookies, but Vogel isn't that way. Throughout Vogel's career he has always played the guys that gave his teams the best chance to win, regardless of age and experience level.

Skiles was notorious for over-reliance on vets and short leashes on rookies, but Vogel isn't that way. Throughout Vogel's career he has always played the guys that gave his teams the best chance to win, regardless of age and experience level.

Yes, Skiles, that vet-reliant douche. Imagine how quickly Kirk Hinrich, Ben Gordon, and Brandon Jennings would have developed if he hadn't stifled their careers. Imagine if he hadn't limited rookie Shawn Marion to just 25 minutes a game. Or Mbah a Moute. Those guys sure were stifled by Skiles' obsession with vets...