Sign in to follow this  
Franchero MVP

TOR @ ORL GAMETHREAD

If you had posted anything even remotely negative about Henny on this forum a couple of years ago, you'd have been ripped to shreds. Take it from me, and I didn't even post anything negative, just questioned whether he should be acclaimed as a great GM and a genius before any of his teams accomplished anything.

I guess by year five, even the die hards are having second thoughts.

YEP

This is the truth. Funny how those who defended him; are singing a different tune now. And yea, those who questioned Rob are turning out to be right.

But thats beside the point, this team gave up again. Just like they gave in at Charlotte when i went to watch them. The roster being unbalanced as it is, gives no hope to our guys and they know it. They know that Biyombo isnt anything more than a screen man who rebounds and block shots. They know Elfrid is worst than Carlos Arroyo. They know they have the projects team, where everyone seems like a freakin work in progress.

YEP

This is the truth. Funny how those who defended him; are singing a different tune now. And yea, those who questioned Rob are turning out to be right.

But thats beside the point, this team gave up again. Just like they gave in at Charlotte when i went to watch them. The roster being unbalanced as it is, gives no hope to our guys and they know it. They know that Biyombo isnt anything more than a screen man who rebounds and block shots. They know Elfrid is worst than Carlos Arroyo. They know they have the projects team, where everyone seems like a freakin work in progress.

I think you're projecting a lot.

we've had a poor defense for the last few weeks and a fantastic offense.

The offense has been fantastic because the "inconsistent offense" guys were playing fantastic.

Brooklyn- bench guys plus augustin scored 60 points

Clippers- bench guys plus augustin scored 34 points (but we got an unexpected 33 points from Gordon)

Atlanta- Bench guys plus augustin scored 65 points

Denver- Bench guys plus augustin scored 37 points

so against Toronto we had those guys score 27 points before garbage time. Meeks, Green, and Augustin went 2-17. we wont win any game where we don't get a good offensive game from at least two of meeks, green, augustin, vucevic, payton.

Which brings us back to our main flaw. outside of Fournier, we have no player that we can feel reasonably comfortable scoring 15+ points every single time he gets on the court. We might put up 130 points tomorrow but it doesn't mean the offense is fixed. just a most of our inconsistent guys played well that day.

Some might say those who call for Rob are projecting...

But those people have been blind and have not admitted that thier wrong, they just continue to spin words when the out put of the product remains the same.

Say what you want word spinners and magic 8 balls, this team isnt where it needed to be.

If you had posted anything even remotely negative about Henny on this forum a couple of years ago, you'd have been ripped to shreds. Take it from me, and I didn't even post anything negative, just questioned whether he should be acclaimed as a great GM and a genius before any of his teams accomplished anything.

I guess by year five, even the die hards are having second thoughts.

I did...and I was. I would claim to be one of the worst critics of Otis and it was very well deserved. I laid off Rob because the guy deserved a chance. Quite honestly his trade of Dwight now seems like he chose the worst of of what were considered other choices. IE it was said Klay Thompson and anyone not named Curry were available and they would take Dwight regardless of his commitment to them. The Nets collection of picks always looked better and I cant really think any rational GM would have considered Bynum as a asset. Bad attitude, bad knees and wanting a max deal.

I still think Rob is light years smarter than Otis but is still a sub par gm who will never lead a club to the finals unless a Lebron like talent drops in his lap. Some claimed that the lotto luck doomed Rob but seriously....make a damn trade and move up. Sure it will cost you but unless youre thrilled with Mario type players you have to make it happen. Obviously Rob thought the talent he got would be good and he had no need to move up. Hence you have players which havent panned out...and it is HIS fault...not the lotto bad luck. We had the assets to move up and we chose to stay put...thats on him.

I do think Rob finally made a good hire with the coach but the GM....he needs to go along with the cockroach.

• Upvote 1

I did...and I was. I would claim to be one of the worst critics of Otis and it was very well deserved. I laid off Rob because the guy deserved a chance. Quite honestly his trade of Dwight now seems like he chose the worst of of what were considered other choices. IE it was said Klay Thompson and anyone not named Curry were available and they would take Dwight regardless of his commitment to them. The Nets collection of picks always looked better and I cant really think any rational GM would have considered Bynum as a asset. Bad attitude, bad knees and wanting a max deal.

I still think Rob is light years smarter than Otis but is still a sub par gm who will never lead a club to the finals unless a Lebron like talent drops in his lap. Some claimed that the lotto luck doomed Rob but seriously....make a damn trade and move up. Sure it will cost you but unless youre thrilled with Mario type players you have to make it happen. Obviously Rob thought the talent he got would be good and he had no need to move up. Hence you have players which havent panned out...and it is HIS fault...not the lotto bad luck. We had the assets to move up and we chose to stay put...thats on him.

I do think Rob finally made a good hire with the coach but the GM....he needs to go along with the cockroach.

If there's anything I am skeptical of with Rob, it's being able to pull of a big trade.

I know it's hard enough as it is but I don't think Rob has the experience to pull something big off.

One thing mentality-wise I don't understand is this belief that someone can't make deals at all when no-one who is outside of the circle of NBA management and player agents are privy to what's available. We've said all along our favourite franchise has had mostly poor assets yet here we are 3 years later and there's still complaints that none of these assets that we have to get rid of have magically been turned into gold.

One thing mentality-wise I don't understand is this belief that someone can't make deals at all when no-one who is outside of the circle of NBA management and player agents are privy to what's available. We've said all along our favourite franchise has had mostly poor assets yet here we are 3 years later and there's still complaints that none of these assets that we have to get rid of have magically been turned into gold.

Nah. Rob pissed Harris away and if Ibaka leaves, Dipo as well.

You can't tell me that Harris, Dipo, Vuch, Mario, AG combined aren't attractive assets.

That Tobias deal to me was where things started to go in the wrong direction.

Nah. Rob pissed Harris away and if Ibaka leaves, Dipo as well.

You can't tell me that Harris, Dipo, Vuch, Mario, AG combined aren't attractive assets.

That Tobias deal to me was where things started to go in the wrong direction.

I think the idea behind the Tobias deal was better than the execution for sure. I still feel real funny about what drove it. Tobias isn't exactly lighting it up and he never will. Having said that, if we never did that trade, maybe he would have fit alright next to Serge / Biz. But he's a really a poor rebounder, bit of a ball stopper and do we need it? Eh.

But as to your total summary of all of the assets as originally collected? Doubt they're as attractive as we are hoping they would be. Otherwise we wouldn't be trying to move them or have already moved them.

I keep saying these things like I'm massively defending Hennigan but ultimately I would just like to be a fan of a franchise who keeps the same group in charge for a long time. I really would love Vogel to be our Pop, too.

I mean... Dell Demps still has a job, and so does Ernie Grunfeld... right?

I think the idea behind the Tobias deal was better than the execution for sure. I still feel real funny about what drove it. Tobias isn't exactly lighting it up and he never will. Having said that, if we never did that trade, maybe he would have fit alright next to Serge / Biz. But he's a really a poor rebounder, bit of a ball stopper and do we need it? Eh.

But as to your total summary of all of the assets as originally collected? Doubt they're as attractive as we are hoping they would be. Otherwise we wouldn't be trying to move them or have already moved them.

I keep saying these things like I'm massively defending Hennigan but ultimately I would just like to be a fan of a franchise who keeps the same group in charge for a long time. I really would love Vogel to be our Pop, too.

I mean... Dell Demps still has a job, and so does Ernie Grunfeld... right?

Tobias the year before was legit. He was clutch and was playing like an all star. Then came Skiles.

I don't think Harris was ever going to reach star level but he was an asset that was pissed away for journeymen who aren't even on the team.

I wonder what Vogel would've done with Harris?

I get what you're saying. I want that too but there's only one Pop, one RC Buford.