Sign in to follow this  
MagicFanInNevada

How would you rate your game?

Yes sir I live in Henderson. I stopped playing serious basketball last year but there are a lot of rec leagues to join. How old are you? Cause I played in a 30 and over league last season and I could get you hooked up with that if old enough. I played a couple of months ago with a couple of young teens and they gave me the business but I hit about five 3's before they started guarding me seriously

Just turned 30 in October. Unfortunately I'm 30 pounds overweight and haven't played in a few years. I'm trying to get back in shape and was looking for some non league play. Once I'm ready I'll keep your hook up in mind!

Just turned 30 in October. Unfortunately I'm 30 pounds overweight and haven't played in a few years. I'm trying to get back in shape and was looking for some non league play. Once I'm ready I'll keep your hook up in mind!

I'm overweight too but I've always played football so I look more like a football player more than a basketball player anyway. I just turned 37 in October and my playing days are definitely over lol but I like to take my kids out and shoot around a bit

If we're talking about street ball I would have given myself a 7/10 when i was in highschool, seeing as i started, but i suck now and haven't played in 4 years.

Off topic, but I feel like this might help some people on this board. I grew up playing ball and played competitively for many years. When I wasn't working I would be at the court for 8-10 hours a day. About 8 years ago I got married and my Wife got pregnant shortly after and I had to get 2 jobs so I stopped playing ball (Biggest Mistake) anyways I gained about 75 pounds. Over the years I would try to diet and run a littl but I couldn't play ball anymore. Long story short as I was dieting and losing weight I hurt my ankle pretty bad while running and stopped working out for about a year and gained all my weight back. Over the years I had tried to eat healthy but truthfully I hated it. After 7 years of trying I've finally lost the weight and started playing ball again and I love it and I can't believe I almost gave it up for good. I'm sure some of you are going through the same thing so here is my advice, lose the weight and start playing ball again... It's worth it.

By the way I know some people will say this is not healthy but I lost all my weight eating Mcdonalds twice a day. I went from 246 down to 170 and I have kept it off for almost 8 months now.

Off topic, but I feel like this might help some people on this board. I grew up playing ball and played competitively for many years. When I wasn't working I would be at the court for 8-10 hours a day. About 8 years ago I got married and my Wife got pregnant shortly after and I had to get 2 jobs so I stopped playing ball (Biggest Mistake) anyways I gained about 75 pounds. Over the years I would try to diet and run a littl but I couldn't play ball anymore. Long story short as I was dieting and losing weight I hurt my ankle pretty bad while running and stopped working out for about a year and gained all my weight back. Over the years I had tried to eat healthy but truthfully I hated it. After 7 years of trying I've finally lost the weight and started playing ball again and I love it and I can't believe I almost gave it up for good. I'm sure some of you are going through the same thing so here is my advice, lose the weight and start playing ball again... It's worth it.

By the way I know some people will say this is not healthy but I lost all my weight eating Mcdonalds twice a day. I went from 246 down to 170 and I have kept it off for almost 8 months now.

Please don't do this. Yes you can find healthy items there but it shouldn't be a ritual.

1481832813[/url]' post='1052536']

Please don't do this. Yes you can find healthy items there but it shouldn't be a ritual.

I actually don't eat healthy foods there. I am what you would call a fast food addict so whether I'm on a diet or not I would be eating there. I chose to eat smaller portion sizes and kept eating the foods I like. My doctor agreed in the beginning that it wasn't the best idea but after seeing the progress I have made externally and internally he said that I am actually really healthy and should continue. smile_happypuppy.gif

I'm a 33 year old 5'11" 175 lb. clone of JJ Redick. Played in a pretty competitive league for 7-8 years mainly composed of local former D1 football players and D2 basketball players and held my own pretty well. I quickly earned the nickname Redick, which is the ultimate compliment to a guy like me. My career highlight is draining a 3 pointer over the outstretched arms of Ben Roethlisberger in a charity game back in 2006. Tore my ACL MCL meniscus in 2011 and then took a few years off of playing, first due to post surgery rehab then due to fear of getting hurt again. I then joined a league with a bunch of guys in their mid-late 20s and did that for a couple years, but quit last year. I'm a golfer first and a basketball player second, if I got hurt and missed another season of golf it would be a tragedy. For now, my basketball experience is shooting around a few nights a week on an in-ground hoop system that was installed in my driveway last spring.

I actually don't eat healthy foods there. I am what you would call a fast food addict so whether I'm on a diet or not I would be eating there. I chose to eat smaller portion sizes and kept eating the foods I like. My doctor agreed in the beginning that it wasn't the best idea but after seeing the progress I have made externally and internally he said that I am actually really healthy and should continue. smile_happypuppy.gif

If you knew how much nutrition Drs study, you'd be very surprised and skeptical.

1481837439[/url]' post='1052563']

If you knew how much nutrition Drs study, you'd be very surprised and skeptical.

Trust me I get your point and I can't tell you how many arguements I've gotten in with trainers about it but one thing I do know is that I am a lot healthier today then I was when I was almost 250 lbs. What trainers and nutritionist need to realize is that some people can't stick to a regular diet plan and the road I was on was a lot less safe than the one I'm on now. I went from never working out and sitting on the couch everyday to working out 6 days a week. I'm nobody's life coach but for anybody on this board who stopped playing ball or stopped living because of their weight I would highly recommend doing something to lose the pounds and take your life back.

Trust me I get your point and I can't tell you how many arguements I've gotten in with trainers about it but one thing I do know is that I am a lot healthier today then I was when I was almost 250 lbs. What trainers and nutritionist need to realize is that some people can't stick to a regular diet plan and the road I was on was a lot less safe than the one I'm on now. I went from never working out and sitting on the couch everyday to working out 6 days a week. I'm nobody's life coach but for anybody on this board who stopped playing ball or stopped living because of their weight I would highly recommend doing something to lose the pounds and take your life back.

Let me tell you...If you knew my situation and my lifestyle, you'd see that's not necessarily true. I find a way. Yeah, every now and then I have a day where I eat something not of the routine.

I do commend you for getting back into shape though. It's no life to live.

Btw, most trainers and nutritionists suck.

It's all about the amount of calories you consume on a daily basis.

Not true at all. There's some (near the bottom of the totem pole) importance to intake but a lot of folks who are overweight are notorious for not eating enough and not eating the right foods at the right time.

Reducing calories is a counterproductive way to perform better, look better, and feel better.