Sign in to follow this  
Fultz4thewin

Magic @ wizards

Yup. Every fiber of my being wants this to be the game we all look back at. The turning point in his career instead of another data point in a long list of data points that make Payton the most frustrating athlete I've ever watched.

We both know a lot of it is (majority) mental as well as inexperience/shooting but could it be that he needs a certain SG next to him too?

Like Dipo. Stats are showing it wasn't the right fit and while Fournier doesn't need the ball it seems like a player like Meeks is the ideal fit next to Payton. A smaller, quicker player who knows how to move without the ball and spreads the floor. Ray Allen like.

Wonder what a Payton/LaVine backcourt would look like? Or better a Elf/McCollum backcourt, hypothetically of course.

Sure you'll find and present stats that say hell no.

What a crazy box score.

1. We beat the Wizards with John Wall.

2. John Wall. Yikes.

3. Payton made 3/3 3 pointers

4. Block party for Biz, Ibaka and AG.

The team as a whole had 13 blocks.

Do you think it has to do with the competition? His other great game this season was against OKC (Westbrook). It'd be interesting to find his averages against top PGs, maybe even just how many shots and hustle stats he gets. I wonder if there's a difference between those and his numbers against lesser competition.

I dont have the stats but it has been a regular occurrence for Payton to have good games when playing the better PGs of the league.

He has also gone at lesser PGs pretty aggressively if they "challenge" him during the game.

Its all mental with Payton. His killer instinct is not automatic which sucks because thats not something that can be taught.