Augustin

Vuc

Green

Hezonja

Meeks

Payton

This will result in wins.

No it won't.

That's speculation, and perhaps Devos gave Henny a mandate. Either way, we're left with a muddled plan and roster. I was a big apologist for Henny and what we were doing but not anymore. For the sake of the franchise, I hope there's a brilliant trade or player development right around corner.

I'm sure there always is. It's a matter of convincing a free agent or another team to take the bite.

If we could just replace green with someone who isn't horrendous on offense we could probably win a good amount of these games. The teamDefense is great but it's hard to win when we're shooting so horribly

If we could just replace green with someone who isn't horrendous on offense we could probably win a good amount of these games. The teamDefense is great but it's hard to win when we're shooting so horribly

Hezonja.

Just was sent this article:

"The Magic have the point differential of a team that's 3-12... More than likely, this is closer to a 19-win team (what their point differential says) than a 33-win team (what their record has them on pace for). And the schedule begins to get tougher next week."

http://www.nba.com/article/2016/11/24/one-team-three-stats-orlando-magic-shooting

"The Magic have the point differential of a team that's 3-12... More than likely, this is closer to a 19-win team (what their point differential says) than a 33-win team (what their record has them on pace for). And the schedule begins to get tougher next week."

http://www.nba.com/article/2016/11/24/one-team-three-stats-orlando-magic-shooting

So maybe tanking again was the plan all along. Might explain Jeff Green getting mad minutes despite sucking ass.

Maybe that's why we aren't getting answers from management about the suck.

That's because the first 7 games were radically different than the last 8 games and the single digit wins don't balance out the 30 point loss to Chicago

That's because the first 7 games were radically different than the last 8 games and the single digit wins don't balance out the 30 point loss to Chicago

Our point differential over the last 8 games is still -5.0/game, which would make us the 5th worst team in the league.

I could be wrong here but a lot of opinions on this subject seem to be weighted to the expectations of the quick hire and fire attitude of the generation, and/or the perceived (probably real) expectations of an owner who gets talked about like he's had one foot in the grave for a decade. Something doesn't work for five minutes, get rid of it wholesale.

I could have my rose-coloured glasses on, but how does one expect to get better at their job if they don't have a chance in a situation to see if it's not so much their idea that's haywire but the circumstances and (very, very obviously) the will and intent of the commodities being traded in - i.e. real life frickin' people.

Do we seriously forget how long Golden State were terribly bad for, LA, the brief window 10 years ago that the Kings looked awesome, the decade plus futility of the Celtics before 2008? I could go on and on. Everyone knows that history extends beyond our patience.

I still feel that it is obvious that Hennigan was tied to that Skiles hire and did some things to placate him. As much as the bull**** Skiles pulled in his tenure should be stamped out by a GM, maybe his lack of longevity and comparative standing in the eyes of the organisation forced him to capitulate more than he would like.

If Stan Van Gundy was able to stick around while Rob Hennigan was hired and we didn't have to just hire a placeholder (I mean, they were giving a young guy a shot, it's not like it doesn't happen elsewhere), do you not think we'd be singing a slightly different tune. Yes, it's been four seasons, maybe going on 5 without a playoff appearance. But at least a year of that was tearing down the old to begin to build the new.

In the process of building the new you can scream til you're black and blue in the face that there were better options but lottery luck is really too fickle to hang your hat on and stating that we could swing deals and pick up free agents is futile unless you're the one trying to do them. Hennigan has made some good deals, shed all of the drek our beloved team had hanging off of it, and generally has had next to f-all to work with. We can't trade for gold with a pile of faeces.

ULTIMATELY, I can't say Hennigan has made a move so far that screams that the Magic have been terribly ripped off and this is year one with a new coaching group, assistants and all. Would it not be prudent, instead of constantly throwing out parts at management and coaching level, to continue to build something. You guys want them to attract free agents but if guys are constantly fired and shipped out from top to bottom no-one is going to want to come near that mess. See: Sacramento, Sterling-era LAC, post-Jordan Chicago.

I know the name of the game today is dealing with EVERYONE'S impatience but the perception of stability and competence has probably never been more important to very empowered individuals that happen to be basketball free agents.