Soul Bro

Is It Time for Rob to Go?

Is It Time for Rob to Go?  

67 members have voted

1. 1. Is It Time for Rob to Go?

• Yes, I no longer have confidence in him as the Magic GM
    • No, I still have confidence in him as the Magic GM
    • Unsure

It's tricky, so I didn't vote. I believe he hasn't done anything to keep his job as I think the team he's assembled is worse now than it was 3 years ago. However, if we fire him now it means we're going straight in to tank mode and I'm not quite ready to do that this year.

*edit - I will say that I have zero confidence in him as gm at this point. I just think he'll get one last shot to make a trade to save his job and the season.

Yes please.

bottom out: trade Fournier and Vuc for bad contracts with good picks or prospects. Play said picks and prospects tons of minutes. Then hope to attract quality FA.

Yes, I believe it's time for Rob to go. This roster is very imbalanced and needs a clear vision. While I'd like to wait until next summer, I believe any further moves he will make will be for short term gains and to protect his job.

We lost two games in a row so everything will trend bad. We'll win a couple games and everyone will flip to the other side.

When things are going bad we're the worst team in the world. When things are going great we're fantastic.

Minnesota had a bunch of promising games last season and they all think they're finals bound this year. Minnesota starts slow while installing a new defense this year and a large section of their fan base were demanding thibs be fired.

Bucs lose to Oakland and Atlanta and people say Winston isn't an nfl quarterback. Keeps missing guys high. Bad pick. Bucs beat Chicago and Kansas city and Winston is the best quarterback under the age of 25.

Most of sports is just overreacting to things.

• Upvote 1

I didn't vote, I will in a week or two providing he makes a trade. If nothing is done and Magic continue to go like this then yes he needs to be fired. Time is ticking!

I think you should vote. And we'll do one of these every week and compare results.

If it's anything like the weekly "are the giants a playoff team" poll I've been watching there's going to be interesting huge swings

We're 6-9 and if we keep playing 90s basketball we won't make the playoffs and Hennigan is as good as gone. Basically, you can have any SF you want out there, outside of LeBron and Paul George, and our team will be miserable with Payton and Vuc.

I don't want to fire him just yet because I think he might make a panic trade, which I would like to see happen. This team needs a major shakeup

We lost two games in a row so everything will trend bad. We'll win a couple games and everyone will flip to the other side.

When things are going bad we're the worst team in the world. When things are going great we're fantastic.

Minnesota had a bunch of promising games last season and they all think they're finals bound this year. Minnesota starts slow while installing a new defense this year and a large section of their fan base were demanding thibs be fired.

Bucs lose to Oakland and Atlanta and people say Winston isn't an nfl quarterback. Keeps missing guys high. Bad pick. Bucs beat Chicago and Kansas city and Winston is the best quarterback under the age of 25.

Most of sports is just overreacting to things.

Don't buy it. We have been a bad team for years and our point differential this year says we're bad, even as we win. The Bucs' comp is also bad, as the Bucs' have young pro bowl players and production at key positions (e.g. quarterback, receiver and defensive tackle), while we don't have anything close to all-stars with our young talent. I can see the argument of waiting until next summer to make a decision on Henny, but I can't see the argument saying fans are overreacting after years of mediocrity, multiple coaches and now a muddled plan.

• Upvote 1

Don't buy it. We have been a bad team for years and our point differential this year says we're bad, even as we win. The Bucs' comp is also bad, as the Bucs' have young pro bowl players and production at key positions (e.g. quarterback, receiver and defensive tackle), while we don't have anything close to all-stars with our young talent. I can see the argument of waiting until next summer to make a decision on Henny, but I can't see the argument saying fans are overreacting after years of mediocrity, multiple coaches and now a muddled plan.

The fan overreaction is what caused this season in the first place. Ownership wanted to make the playoffs

I've been pretty consistent in my message, not having huge shifts in how I feel about the team, but I gave up on the playoffs after the Suns game. We simply won't get there without major changes

And remember, this is the easy part of our schedule! Imagine when we start playing good teams.. we've already lost at home to the Heat and Suns lmao.