Soul Bro

Is It Time for Rob to Go?

Is It Time for Rob to Go?  

67 members have voted

1. 1. Is It Time for Rob to Go?

• Yes, I no longer have confidence in him as the Magic GM
    • No, I still have confidence in him as the Magic GM
    • Unsure

We all would have gone about it different ways, but I'm pretty confident anyone on this board could have built a 20-36 eastern conference team with 5 years and money to spend on free agents.

It's hard to do a whole lot worse than the current product really.

I love this post and let me tell you why. As a super fan following Basketball, Football and Baseball i have read many forums and blogs about my favorite teams.

Over the years if you cherry pick through all the posts you can find many posters who seem to be right about draft picks or free agent signings. Honestly though it's hindsight, a whole bunch of them are wrong and we probably couldn't do better. However, i have seen a pattern with big mistakes.

When a team makes a truly bad pick or free agent signing almost all of the Blogs, posters and even the professional writers notice right away.

There are so many obvious bad choices it makes you wonder how it happens. It's ego, plain and simple, we have all been there. These guys think they are smarter then the next guy. And they have nobody to stop them.Almost all of our moves before this year could be questioned, but each had merit. Then we had our summer offseason and everyone could see it was bad.

If you don't have a few checks and balances you wind up making these terrible errors. The good organizations have a pure vision but they also have flexibility to admit mistakes and move on.

I love this post and let me tell you why. As a super fan following Basketball, Football and Baseball i have read many forums and blogs about my favorite teams.

Over the years if you cherry pick through all the posts you can find many posters who seem to be right about draft picks or free agent signings. Honestly though it's hindsight, a whole bunch of them are wrong and we probably couldn't do better. However, i have seen a pattern with big mistakes.

When a team makes a truly bad pick or free agent signing almost all of the Blogs, posters and even the professional writers notice right away.

There are so many obvious bad choices it makes you wonder how it happens. It's ego, plain and simple, we have all been there. These guys think they are smarter then the next guy. And they have nobody to stop them.Almost all of our moves before this year could be questioned, but each had merit. Then we had our summer offseason and everyone could see it was bad.

If you don't have a few checks and balances you wind up making these terrible errors. The good organizations have a pure vision but they also have flexibility to admit mistakes and move on.

I dunno man. Might be confirmation bias. I can think of a ton of widely panned moves that everybody got wrong. Dwight. Porzingis. The outrage of drafting Mario Williams over reggie bush. Not trading Dwight for Andrew Bynum. When the seahawks drafted Russell Wilson

Just want to step back and reflect on this year. Beyond the Ibaka debacle, what if I would have told you last summer that Watson and Green would be starters for us by mid year?

Just want to step back and reflect on this year. Beyond the Ibaka debacle, what if I would have told you last summer that Watson and Green would be starters for us by mid year?

I would say someone isn't doing their job or those players who should be starting, need to go.

Instead of "Ibaka debacle", which is a mouthful, can we just say Ibakle?

• Upvote 1

I would only join this thread if we trade for reggie jackson as is being reported as rumor right now. Then i would believe that this man is an idiot GM in the otis smith sense of the word.

I dunno man. Might be confirmation bias. I can think of a ton of widely panned moves that everybody got wrong. Dwight. Porzingis. The outrage of drafting Mario Williams over reggie bush. Not trading Dwight for Andrew Bynum. When the seahawks drafted Russell Wilson

Hmm i see your point a little but, not unanimous at all.

Russel Wilson was a third round pick by a team who had no Quarterback, doesn't belong here because many saw that as a good move.

Dwight and Okafor were clearly the only players thought to be selected at number one. Dwight was always seen as the one with more upside, just not as safe a pick.

Reggie Bush thing was just fans wanting offense, so many others liked Mario. Alot of fans wanted Bynum so your onto something with him but obviously insiders knew about the attitude and health problems.

Porzingis in general was thought of as another soft euro but again basketball experts saw his potential. Too stay with basketball i'm talking about the Biyombo signing by us or the Bennett draft a few years ago. Just ridiculous head-scratchers. I think these moves are made by guys with an ego too big to listen to the general consensus. Again if your Billy Beane, yeah ok i get it. Sometimes you have to be ahead of the curve, other times your the sucker at the table.

Hmm i see your point a little but, not unanimous at all.

Russel Wilson was a third round pick by a team who had no Quarterback, doesn't belong here because many saw that as a good move.

Dwight and Okafor were clearly the only players thought to be selected at number one. Dwight was always seen as the one with more upside, just not as safe a pick.

Reggie Bush thing was just fans wanting offense, so many others liked Mario. Alot of fans wanted Bynum so your onto something with him but obviously insiders knew about the attitude and health problems.

Porzingis in general was thought of as another soft euro but again basketball experts saw his potential. Too stay with basketball i'm talking about the Biyombo signing by us or the Bennett draft a few years ago. Just ridiculous head-scratchers. I think these moves are made by guys with an ego too big to listen to the general consensus. Again if your Billy Beane, yeah ok i get it. Sometimes you have to be ahead of the curve, other times your the sucker at the table.

The Seahawks got flack over Wilson because they had just signed Matt Flynn to a giant contract in free agency.

This article may be a bit harsh, but it's true. Henny has no clue what he wants or what he's doing. He came in with the strategy of adding young players and assets, which was a good decision but he overvalued athleticism over actual basketball skills with the players he's drafted. He hasn't made a single good FA acquisition (Frye, Watson, Green, Biyombo, etc, yuck) and every year the team on the court is a weird fit with no true direction. His plan was to straight up get lucky and when we didn't catch luck he couldn't find a way to improve the roster.

The most positive thing about Henny's tenure as GM has been trades until recently. Despite all the flack he took for not taking back Bynum from the Lakers in the Dwight trade, he ended up with a few draft picks and young guys and helped get a few of Otis' mistakes out. He wisely moved J.J. Redick at the right time despite him being a fan favorite and ended up with Tobias Harris who flourished in a new role here. Trading Afflalo for Fournier also turned out to be a great move. Things started going downhill lately though. While trading Harris wasn't the wrong idea, trading him for Jennings and Ilyasova was just terrible. We all know how the Ibaka thing has gone now.