Sign in to follow this  
HardCutting Franz

Gamethread : Suns vs Magic

Couple of notes

I want nothing that Phoenix has.

Recalibrate the whole damn team and trade the farm for an star and try the draft thing again. Fugg

We suck!

I really wish Mario got the same leash that Green and Fournier get. They can both be really really awful on offense at times.

I could almost agree with you here, except Mario can be as bad on offense, but he is still lost on D...... so we are left with Green and AG!

I could almost agree with you here, except Mario can be as bad on offense, but he is still lost on D...... so we are left with Green and AG!

Green is a terrible defender and Fournier has been average at best. What's the point of playing Green over Mario if Green will continue to be Green? At least with Mario there is the upside of him possibly improving. Him rotting on the bench serves his development or our rebuild no purpose. It's ass backwards thinking.

As much as I try not to be so emotionally involved in my teams Vogel's line of thinking with Mario is infuriating!

Green is a terrible defender and Fournier has been average at best. What's the point of playing Green over Mario if Green will continue to be Green? At least with Mario there is the upside of him possibly improving. Him rotting on the bench serves his development or our rebuild no purpose. It's ass backwards thinking.

As much as I try not to be so emotionally involved in my teams Vogel's line of thinking with Mario is infuriating!

This^ plus those of u who want dj to start will enjoy EVERY point guard torching us. He can't play d at all. When bledsoe was brought back in the 5 minute mark he lit up dj and stretched the lead back out. Payton should have been brought in as soon as eric. #vogelfail.

Booker can't play defense for crap either, but most would be happy putting him in that position.

We just need to figure out why Mario misses with such a good stroke. He might need to tweak something. If it's mental get him to a psychologist. He is a better shooter than this.

Maybe coach needs to boost his confidence and give him the start and play him starter minutes for 10 games no matter how he plays. Give him the green light. If nothing good happens, move him back to the bench, but still play him.

We need a real SF who can shoot 35% from 3 and give us 12 ppg every night. Hezonja may be better than Gordon as a starter. Nobody has earned anything this season, so why not try it. We all know if he creates space by knocking down 3's, everything changes. Our defense excels when we hit shots and our energy goes way up. In that case his defense is livable.

We aren't like to get a star via trade. A go to scorer would be great, but a knockdown shooter would get us to the playoffs with our defense. And then maybe we can make a star the missing piece. Seeing that they will have support and not be alone. Getting a star via trade would not end well if we trade the farm. Gordon would have to be involved, unprotect picks, and Vucevic might not even be enough. But, it's the cost for a fringe All-Star at best.

Get us someone like Knight or McCollum and we might fix the offense. Put Fournier at SF maybe if you can get a guy like that. Unless Meeks or Hezonja gets in the lineup quick and makes open 3's, we are going to have trouble staying at .500. We just need to make sure Mario isn't capable of that, and despite the naysayers, we can't be sure that he isn't a vote of confidence away. If everyone shoots bad, why do they play, when Hezonja has more potential. Vets that you don't know what to expect from on a nightly basis are garbage. They need to be guys other teams would like. Benching a proud veteran is more likely to work than benching a young guy who needs playing time to develop.

We don't need to put Biyombo and/or DJ as starters, because our bench will be worthless. Start Mario at the 3 and we will look much better within 2-3 games once he gets use to starting.

We have 1 real shooter in Fournier. You can't win like that. Even MJ, Kobe, and Lebron needed shooters to have success.

Absolutely disgusting loss. This is a joke. What kind of nonsense is this. Can't even score 90 points yet again.

I'd trade anybody on this team. Nobody deserves to be safe whatsoever.

*****ing shambles