Sign in to follow this  
Odin

Magic Vs Bucks

Ibaka is quality and so is Biyombo. We may not have exactly the right pieces surrounding them, or maybe the team just needs more time together to mesh properly, but comparing them to Journeymen like OQuinn and Dedmon is silly.

I figured out what happened here

Dude meant to say biyombo but said ibaka instead.

Saying ibaka was bad at the 4 when he played a really good game makes no sense.

Saying biyombo at the 4 is bad makes perfect sense because that biyombo- Vucevic lineup is bad

• Upvote 1

Ibaka is quality and so is Biyombo. We may not have exactly the right pieces surrounding them, or maybe the team just needs more time together to mesh properly, but comparing them to Journeymen like OQuinn and Dedmon is silly.

I agree with this point of view, I think an Ibaka / Biyombo combo has great potential, BUT, we would need dynamic players and scoring in at least 2 of the remaining positions, I don't think EP, Fournier and Gordon give that. If you could get a truly dynamic SF, you could get away with EP and Fournier, so long as Fournier is a catch and shoot player only. Gordon would essentially becoming 6th man (and surpass Ibaka down the line), and allowing a 4/5 rotation of Biz / Ibaka / Gordon.

I'm torn as I really like both EP and Gordon, but I don't think they can play in a lineup together alongside Biz / Ibaka.

Where does Vuc fit in to this? No idea...