Sign in to follow this  
Orlando Magic Toaster

Gamethread: Pelicans @ Magic

I think it's time Magic get a win, seeing as the Pelicans are currently the worst team in the western conference (2-9) which is worse than Magic (4-7). I plan on staying up for this one (midnight my time), unless it's a blowout early on. Jrue Holiday is still out of action for Pelicans, he's not due back until Friday and they are certainly struggling without him.

#GOMAGIC

New Orleans Pelicans vs Orlando Magic

2-9 RECORD 4-7

101.7 AVG POINTS 92.6

109.1 AVG POINTS ALLOWED 102.6

Won 1 CURRENT STREAK Lost 1

229e0520a1e79060041869046b02a9ca153efbea688780e4d8e8b285b8ccc49a.jpg

• Upvote 1

If we continue losing to crap teams at home the season is going to be lost quickly. Another embarrassing home loss would have to be viewed as a trend that's not going away and will require some sort of change in line-up or up the pressure on Henny to make some sort of move.

Part of me almost wants us to lose sloppily or win terribly. If only because it'd provide some sort of consistency of what we're seeing and closer to the ultimate definition of what this team is.

Looking good in a win would just cause confusion.

Scott Kushner

‏@ScottDKushner

Davis did not participate in the #Pelicans shootaround today in ORL after experiencing quad soreness this morning, per a source.

Anthony Davis (quad) has been downgraded to questionable to face the Magic on Wednesday.

This is not the same injury from over the weekend. Davis has a right quad contusion and it's still possible his back injury is affecting him, as well. He did not participate in the Pelicans shootaround today because of his quad issue. Davis hasn't missed any games yet, but fantasy owners know he's one of the biggest in-game injury risks in the league. If he can't go, we'll see plenty of Terrence Jones and Solomon Hill should also play more four. Omer Asik's minutes would be safer, too.