Soul Bro

2016-2017 Trade Idea Thread

Defensively he's an major downgrade from Payton though.

I mean for Jeff Green, Ok, but nothing else and I don't think Riley would be that easy.

I mean, Miami's super young, mid-tank, and Green's a 15 million expiring deal, while Dragic has a few years left on his contract and won't be any good when Miami is ready to compete again. Shouldn't take more than Green and a protected future first.

I mean, Miami's super young, mid-tank, and Green's a 15 million expiring deal, while Dragic has a few years left on his contract and won't be any good when Miami is ready to compete again. Shouldn't take more than Green and a protected future first.

Riley will want youth and or a non protected pick back as well though.

He wouldn't make that deal simple.

Riley will want youth and or a non protected pick back as well though.

He wouldn't make that deal simple.

i honestly think he has no choice. Clearly, he is not staying there for long.

I dont think there are many teams who are willing to give too much for a PG. I think Orlando is only of a few teams that are truky in need for an upgrade in the PG position.

A trade of green and the lakers first should do.

The most obvious trade is Jeff Green and our 2018 first round pick for Dragic. I'm not a huge of Dragic or his contract, but I think it makes a ton of sense for both teams, especially if the Magic are desperate for a playoff run.

http://www.espn.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=j3wvrj4

If Orlando did this as our panic trade i wouldn't be opposed to it. It would take an unprotected pic probably this years pick.

Remember in today's NBA cap space is important in rebuilding, but not everything. I would imagine Riley would want this years pick, or next years plus Mario.

Although I amnot a big fan of either but Collison, knight and Rondo are likely available for cheap and it can be an upgrade in the pg position. A pick is not necessarily needed to make this happen.

I rather go for Bledsoe or Dragic as I consider them a better overall option but will require more than a expire contract to make it happen.

We do need to upgrade the sf position for sure. Here is where we need to use one of the big either vuc or biyombo or even Gordon depending of the quality of player we are getting(paul george)

Although I amnot a big fan of either but Collison, knight and Rondo are likely available for cheap and it can be an upgrade in the pg position. A pick is not necessarily needed to make this happen.

I rather go for Bledsoe or Dragic as I consider them a better overall option but will require more than a expire contract to make it happen.

We do need to upgrade the sf position for sure. Here is where we need to use one of the big either vuc or biyombo or even Gordon depending of the quality of player we are getting(paul george)

knight isn't really a point guard though and Rondo might be worse than Augustin at this point. Collison isn't really a starter.

we don't need to make a trade just to make a trade. it has to actually do something for us.

i honestly think he has no choice. Clearly, he is not staying there for long.

I dont think there are many teams who are willing to give too much for a PG. I think Orlando is only of a few teams that are truky in need for an upgrade in the PG position.

A trade of green and the lakers first should do.

Dragic has 4 years left on his contract.

Cap space this year isn't a necessity. It's overall a weak free agency. This is the year to get draft picks. It's loaded. We're in state rivals. Riley will want our pick and will not budge. I wouldn't be surprised if he wanted Mario too. He's not going to play fair with the in state rival.

I wouldn't trade this years pick for a 30 year old Dragic.

Dragic has 4 years left in his contract.

Cap space this year isn't a necessity. It's overall a weak free agency. This is the year to get draft picks. It's loaded. We're in state rivals. Riley will want our pick and will not budge.

I wouldn't trade this years pick for a 30 year old Dragic.

you keep saying this is a weak free agency.

if this is a weak free agency there's never going to be a strong free agency.

but yeah, I wouldn't trade this years pick for Dragic. maybe top 15 protected. 2018 draft might suck so I'm cool with that though. maybe something like 2017 top 15 2018 top 6 2019 top 6 2020 top 6 and so on out to 7 years.

you keep saying this is a weak free agency.

if this is a weak free agency there's never going to be a strong free agency.

but yeah, I wouldn't trade this years pick for Dragic. maybe top 15 protected. 2018 draft might suck so I'm cool with that though. maybe something like 2017 top 15 2018 top 6 2019 top 6 2020 top 6 and so on out to 7 years.

Strong FA has happened before but yeah, with the new CBA it's going to be less likely to see a strong FA. Which is why I'm 99% sure Riley will want our pick, non protected.

Strong FA has happened before but yeah, with the new CBA it's going to be less likely to see a strong FA. Which is why I'm 99% sure Riley will want our pick, non protected.

ok, so your argument isn't that it's going to be a weak free agent class but that new rules will limit guys changing teams?

yeah, I agree with that. but that's different than saying its going to be a weak free agency.

ok, so your argument isn't that it's going to be a weak free agent class but that new rules will limit guys changing teams?

yeah, I agree with that. but that's different than saying its going to be a weak free agency.

Well weak as in stars who are likely to leave to a team like ours or Miami's.

It's filled with a couple of stars who are win now mode and the rest are role players that don't move the needle. If you're San Antonio, who are close then yeah. You can convince a Chris Paul to think about it. Us? Hell no. Miami definitely not.

Now if Miami miraculously gets the number 1 pick in such a good draft, they might be more capable to sway a role player to join but it'll still be difficult because the ship ain't coming for a few.

I went through the list of NBA point guards to look for young players that shoot a good pct. From 3. I would take any over DJ or cj. Not sure on availability but they do not start and some are buried on bench.

Cory Joseph

Tyler Ennis

Troy Daniels

Trey Burke

Norman Powell

Langston Galloway

What do you all think can we get any of these for Green?