Soul Bro

2016-2017 Trade Idea Thread

nah, it made sense at the time. some things just don't work out. Its not like payton is untalented. he's just flawed.

Right, some things just don't work out. However, a good Front Office is able to limit the moves that don't work out and mitigate the misses with moves that work out better than expected (admittedly, Vuc and Fournier fall into that category). At this point though, our FO has shown that it misses more than it hits, and that's where I'm coming from.

Right, some things just don't work out. However, a good Front Office is able to limit the moves that don't work out and mitigate the misses with moves that work out better than expected (admittedly, Vuc and Fournier fall into that category). At this point though, our FO has shown that it misses more than it hits, and that's where I'm coming from.

Eh I think most of the moves with the exception of the Harris trade were net positive moves.

Just cant find that star.

Still think the backcourt is fine. It's the rest that have the issue

Most of the Portland fans say that it's time to split it up.

I'm not going to argue against that.

I think the payton pick is ultimately fine. as of right now the Hezonja pick should have been Winslow (as there was legitimate discussion of him at 5, its not like he was a projected 15th pick that ended up being good). But I'm still really optimistic that hezonja will fulfill that potential going forward.

Man imagine if we had drafted Booker instead of Hezonja

Most of the Portland fans say that it's time to split it up.

I'm not going to argue against that.

The problem is lillard, not McCollum. Trading McCollum doesn't make much sense. They're better off leaning into their weakness and trying to exploit better offense or go after good defensive bigs to let Lillard defend the three point line more aggressively.

that makes more sense than trading McCollum and screwing with the only strength you have.

The problem is lillard, not McCollum. Trading McCollum doesn't make much sense. They're better off leaning into their weakness and trying to exploit better offense or go after good defensive bigs to let Lillard defend the three point line more aggressively.

that makes more sense than trading McCollum and screwing with the only strength you have.

Does his PPP make it impossible to construct something based around Biz/Fournier for McCollum? They get their defensive big and partially replace the shooting they'd ship out. I get the basic idea of the PPP, but not equipped to figure it out on my own.

Man imagine if we had drafted Booker instead of Hezonja

I'm on team Booker isn't good. they were 12-19 when Bledsoe went down and decided to punt on the season and give Booker all the shots he could handle. He's averaging 17.9 on 41/31/84 as a starter on a team that is now 19-63 with him starting. As a reserve the team was 10-15 and he averaged 6.5 ppg on 50/62/57 shooting.

what does booker do well?

he's ok in transition.

he's bad as a pick and roll ball handler

he isn't a good spot up shooter due to streakiness.

this season he's only playing well when he's playing at the same time as Bledsoe. he's shooting 31.5% from the field when Bledsoe is off the court

Does his PPP make it impossible to construct something based around Biz/Fournier for McCollum? They get their defensive big and partially replace the shooting they'd ship out. I get the basic idea of the PPP, but not equipped to figure it out on my own.

yes.

Portland would have to clear 29 million in salary without accepting any additional salary.

So basically they'd have to dump Turner, Ezili, and Vonleh on a team.

so something like this http://www.espn.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=gutwl52 (imagine vucevic and Gordon are actually Fournier)

nah, it made sense at the time. some things just don't work out. Its not like payton is untalented. he's just flawed.

Flawed like every player in the league except maybe 1. He is improving can you all deny that? He is still young. Has had more good games than Gordon.

If last nights game does not give Vogel the inspiration to play Mario during meaningful minutes then rob needs to trade green and Watson so they never play in a magic uniform again.