Soul Bro

2016-2017 Trade Idea Thread

I think we should call the Celtics and give them basically anything they wanted for the Brooklyn pick.

I'd be a lot more supportive of that idea if I had any confidence in our front office to use that pick on the right guy. But recent history tells me they'd just screw it up again.

I'd be a lot more supportive of that idea if I had any confidence in our front office to use that pick on the right guy. But recent history tells me they'd just screw it up again.

what pick was screwed up?

I think we should call the Celtics and give them basically anything they wanted for the Brooklyn pick.

This is my favorite move. The only untouchable player on this roster should be Gordon. Not saying he will turn out to be a star, but he looks like the only homegrown player that could be a star someday. Everyone else is expendable, but no more kneejerk reactions to save the season. The Tobias trade was made to save the season and that is why it was a disaster. Sadly i think we will make a trade similar to last year, only this year it will be made to salvage the season and give Ibaka a reason to stay.

what pick was screwed up?

As of right now, the Hezonja pick was a mistake. I'm still optimistic that he can turn out to be a productive player, but he's been disappointing so far. Payton has been a disappointment overall (it's important to note that I'm one of his biggest supporters), who hasn't been what the FO no doubt expected him to be by this point.

I guess my pessimism isn't solely in regard to the use of a high draft pick, but the overall competency of the front office to make the right move, whether it's in the draft, FA, trades, whatever. I'll love for them to give me a reason to be optimistic, and sooner rather than later. I'm just tired of wasting assets and opportunities and I'm worried that's what would happen with this hypothetical trade with Boston for the Brooklyn pick, that's all I was saying.

As of right now, the Hezonja pick was a mistake. I'm still optimistic that he can turn out to be a productive player, but he's been disappointing so far. Payton has been a disappointment overall (it's important to note that I'm one of his biggest supporters), who hasn't been what the FO no doubt expected him to be by this point.

I guess my pessimism isn't solely in regard to the use of a high draft pick, but the overall competency of the front office to make the right move, whether it's in the draft, FA, trades, whatever. I'll love for them to give me a reason to be optimistic, and sooner rather than later. I'm just tired of wasting assets and opportunities and I'm worried that's what would happen with this hypothetical trade with Boston for the Brooklyn pick, that's all I was saying.

Boston would be very dumb to give up that pick for Vuc.

Yeah I'd add hezonja to that list too.

I think the payton pick is ultimately fine. as of right now the Hezonja pick should have been Winslow (as there was legitimate discussion of him at 5, its not like he was a projected 15th pick that ended up being good). But I'm still really optimistic that hezonja will fulfill that potential going forward.

I think the payton pick is ultimately fine. as of right now the Hezonja pick should have been Winslow (as there was legitimate discussion of him at 5, its not like he was a projected 15th pick that ended up being good). But I'm still really optimistic that hezonja will fulfill that potential going forward.

I do too and I am really hesitant on trading him because offensively he's as gifted as they come.