Soul Bro

2016-2017 Trade Idea Thread

Wouldn't the Pels want Fournier? He is signed to a cap friendly contract and they can make him the focal point while they rebuild. Plus they have no use for Vucevic when they have Asik locked up for the next 3 years.

Maybe we can send off Vucevic to the Warriors or similar for their 1st rd pick plus a young talent to further sweeten the deal.

Wouldn't the Pels want Fournier? He is signed to a cap friendly contract and they can make him the focal point while they rebuild.

They're already terrible. I don't think they want to stay terrible. Otherwise, they can just keep AD.

Wouldn't the Pels want Fournier? He is signed to a cap friendly contract and they can make him the focal point while they rebuild. Plus they have no use for Vucevic when they have Asik locked up for the next 3 years

I'm the furthest thing from a Vucevic fan but Asik is about as useless an NBA player as you can find

Maybe I am looking at this wrong but I really don't want to give up Vucevic. This league best I can tell is going to a jump shooting league. Not many slashers like that save for the Lebrons and Hardens and no defensive center really is going to slow them down. Don't really need a starting "defensive minded" center. Maybe find some better defensive guards that can better slow the penetration and stay with their assignments on the outside. Or better yet get the ones we have to do that, or they can go. They are supposed to be young and athletic. No reason to give up our best player(currently not projected or if they pan out). Was not Vucevic fault Zach Lavine went off for 37 points. I'd give up Gordon before Vucevic. I am also a Bucs fan. Tired of waiting to see players "develop". #impatient #notthegm

Maybe I am looking at this wrong but I really don't want to give up Vucevic. This league best I can tell is going to a jump shooting league. Not many slashers like that save for the Lebrons and Hardens and no defensive center really is going to slow them down. Don't really need a starting "defensive minded" center. Maybe find some better defensive guards that can better slow the penetration and stay with their assignments on the outside. Or better yet get the ones we have to do that, or they can go. They are supposed to be young and athletic. No reason to give up our best player(currently not projected or if they pan out). Was not Vucevic fault Zach Lavine went off for 37 points. I'd give up Gordon before Vucevic. I am also a Bucs fan. Tired of waiting to see players "develop". #impatient #notthegm

A good defensive center can do wonders for a team. Look at the Hawks who went from Horford to Howard. Currently, they are the 3rd best defensive team in the league, while last year they were #18 or so. And Horford was a better defender than Vucevic is.

Centers can erase some of the bad defense played by the other players, but it is much more difficult for other players to cover up for the center.

A good defensive center can do wonders for a team. Look at the Hawks who went from Horford to Howard. Currently, they are the 3rd best defensive team in the league, while last year they were #18 or so. And Horford was a better defender than Vucevic is.

Centers can erase some of the bad defense played by the other players, but it is much more difficult for other players to cover up for the center.

Don't get me wrong, I would prefer a defensive center but who? Trade Vucevic/Gordon/Fournier/1st for Thompson? Then we "blowing up" again. Now that I type that I love the line up Payton/Thompson/Mario/Ibaka/Biyambo. But that is who I am giving Vucevic up for. Not Rudy Gay. Not Griffin. Not Boogie. We need someone who can put point on the board regularly. Now would GS even pick up the phone. Probably not. But I am not trading my best player for The Sacramento Kings "best" player. Nope. More mediocre. Go big or if you can't, "develop" in the mean time.

Wall/Augustine/Watson

Fournier/Meeks/Watson

Mario/Green/Oubre

Gordon/Green/Bis

Gortat/Bis/Zimmermann

Wall 33 / Augustine 15 / Watson 0

Fournier 30 / Meeks 15 / Watson 3

Mario 25 / Green 15 / Oubre 8

Gordon 30 / Green 15 / Bis 3

Gortat 25 / Bis 23 / Zimmermann 0

Wall 33

Gordon 30

Fournier 30

Green 30

Bis 26

Gortat 25

Mario 25

Augustine15

Meeks 15

Oubre 8

Watson 3

Zimmermann 0

John Wall and Paul George are my dream targets, so I'm hoping both the Wizards and Pacers keep struggling

Why would they come here though?

They could team up with Anthony Davis or some other guy. We have very little talent