Soul Bro

2016-2017 Trade Idea Thread

The way they're acting all indignant that Sacramento lied to them I'm not sure if whatever issue was coming from the agent side. You'd think it'd come from the team side.

Or we just made the offer. Thought about it. Decided we weren't comfortable eventually signing cousins to big money while we don't have stability and rescinded the offer and the better deal was some other team.

I think it would've been easier if we had another all star on the roster.

You can always trade for DMC and personally talk to him. Selling is a lot easier when you have something to sell.

Players telling their agents to F off is not a new thing.

We just gotta get better. Period. I would like Rob the pull something off to give us some kind of momentum, noise, before the draft because I really hate putting all of our eggs in that basket. It also makes it a lot more inviting for FA's. I'm not expecting it though.

I have mixed feelings with the Boggie situation. I think he is a great player that will make us better now. Likely not enough to make the playoff this year tho. We will not have our 2017 pick as it was likely involved in the deal.

Next year we will have an expiring Boggie with a still poorly constructed team and no top rookie to look for in the future. We will be again in a Ibaka situation with HWNSNBU running the show.

I think we did the right thing by passing. This coming from one of the biggest Boggie fan.

I think Favor might be a better option to consider as we can keep our pick that we can use on another deal for a guy like Lillard.

I liked Favors but it seems like he has the body of an old man nowadays.

I rather go after Drummond. Lillard would be flipping awesome.

I repeat myself, but if that's the case... fire Hennigan!

how do we know it was Rob that backed away? with Vogel having a bigger voice, and Martins getting involved in the past, how do we know Rob is the one to blame for passing on Boogie? What if Vogel got cold feet to coaching him? What if Alex and RDV said they couldn't stomach another diva big man with 1 year left? Could've also been Rob getting cold feet. I would've liked him here, but without the details, don't know who to put true blame on.

So, the most dominant center in recent years, slipped through our hands, because we didn't felt 'comfortable' aquiring him?

I would have traded the entire roster to get his ass play for us. That is pure BS!

Any sympathy for Henningan is gone!

• Upvote 1

how do we know it was Rob that backed away? with Vogel having a bigger voice, and Martins getting involved in the past, how do we know Rob is the one to blame for passing on Boogie? What if Vogel got cold feet to coaching him? What if Alex and RDV said they couldn't stomach another diva big man with 1 year left? Could've also been Rob getting cold feet. I would've liked him here, but without the details, don't know who to put true blame on.

The gm should be responsible for any trade made or not made. In this case: FIRE Hennigan!

• Upvote 1

I liked Favors but it seems like he has the body of an old man nowadays.

2 decades ago, when bball was played in the paint, I would love to have him on our team. Nowadays I don't see him being any valuable.

Blame is on everyone and if I had to say how?

Martin's with Scott Skiles.

Henny with his fixation with EP and, just my speculation, possibly not being a good negotiator.

Vogel I think gets less blame being his first year but him coming out talking about playoffs without even really assessing his young guys, his Paul George reference to AG, was premature and didn't make the situation better. Should've just said his thrilled to be heres and let's get to work.

• Upvote 1

Guys,

Chanting Fire Hennigan at your keyboards is not going to do anything at all right now.

Cousins is done. I've read numerous reports that half of the GM's in the league view cousins as untouchable. Not saying I wouldn't have enjoyed rolling the dice on him--but there are concerns with him.

Mainly though, it's over. No need to keep bringing it up, we should focus the next 24 hours on deals we can actually accomplish now.

We are not going to fire rob the day before the deadline. That would officially bring us to the dysfunctional level of the kings.

The same people that are yelling fire Hennigan now will be praising him in the next 24 hours if he cuts a good deal.

Disclaimer: I am not a Rob fan either. Just pissing and moaning about him on here at this time isn't gonna help.

The gm should be responsible for any trade made or not made. In this case: FIRE Hennigan!

If reports are true that Vogel has a louder voice, that actually may happen. I would rather see Henny demoted to a scout then be fired because the man does that very well but I'm sure he wouldn't take the demotion. I just don't know if he has the negotiating tactics to be a GM but then again, if upper management hadn't vetoed the Boogie trade, if they in fact did, Henny would've been praised by the majority.

Guys,

Chanting Fire Hennigan at your keyboards is not going to do anything at all right now.

Cousins is done. I've read numerous reports that half of the GM's in the league view cousins as untouchable. Not saying I wouldn't have enjoyed rolling the dice on him--but there are concerns with him.

Mainly though, it's over. No need to keep bringing it up, we should focus the next 24 hours on deals we can actually accomplish now.

We are not going to fire rob the day before the deadline. That would officially bring us to the dysfunctional level of the kings.

The same people that are yelling fire Hennigan now will be praising him in the next 24 hours if he cuts a good deal.

Disclaimer: I am not a Rob fan either. Just pissing and moaning about him on here at this time isn't gonna help.

Yeah. When you have the lakers, kings of "sign a dominant big man and let everything else sort out" and "why wouldn't a guy want to stay here in free agency" pass on a guy it's kinda sobering.

Yeah. When you have the lakers, kings of "sign a dominant big man and let everything else sort out" and "why wouldn't a guy want to stay here in free agency" pass on a guy it's kinda sobering.

Yeah but the group is out.

Magic would've made sure that deal would've gone though.