Soul Bro

2016-2017 Trade Idea Thread

3. Orl is the one that didn't pull trigger on Boogie trade. Offer was Vuc and Fournier, and Sac really liked that offer, but Magic just weren't ready to do deal.

I repeat myself, but if that's the case... fire Hennigan!

• Upvote 1

I do not want to see Vogel be a Coach/GM. Those guys will never tank, and will salvage so much to remain mediocre.

At this stage I'd be happy with mediocre, I'm sick of tanking/failing and watching blowouts. I wan't to be able to watch Orlando play ok basketball again and know it's going to be entertained even if it's aiming for the 8th seed each year.

• Upvote 1

Yeah. Vlade said he lost the other deal because of an agent. I wonder if devos vetoed the deal

Just as probable.

HWNSNBU and DMC may have just been too much for the old man.

Shame because we would've had one of the most dominant, albeit dramatic, player in the NBA.

It's really messed up that an agent can have so much influence. It's their right legally just unethical imo

Just as probable.

Shame because we would've had one of the most dominant, albeit dramatic, player in the NBA.

It's really messed up that an agent can have so much influence. It's their right legally just unethical imo

The way they're acting all indignant that Sacramento lied to them I'm not sure if whatever issue was coming from the agent side. You'd think it'd come from the team side.

Or we just made the offer. Thought about it. Decided we weren't comfortable eventually signing cousins to big money while we don't have stability and rescinded the offer and the better deal was some other team.

Just as probable.

Agent probably said that he would not sign later. It would have been d.Howard or Serge all over again. His contract was just too short.

I have mixed feelings with the Boggie situation. I think he is a great player that will make us better now. Likely not enough to make the playoff this year tho. We will not have our 2017 pick as it was likely involved in the deal.

Next year we will have an expiring Boggie with a still poorly constructed team and no top rookie to look for in the future. We will be again in a Ibaka situation with HWNSNBU running the show.

I think we did the right thing by passing. This coming from one of the biggest Boggie fan.

I think Favor might be a better option to consider as we can keep our pick that we can use on another deal for a guy like Lillard.