Soul Bro

2016-2017 Trade Idea Thread

i keep going back and forth whether we should trade Ibaka or not.

on one hand he's been our best player this year

on the other hand he's a free agent

but we have the ability to offer him the most money?

should we offer him the most money?

Teams don't usually regret overpaying good players.

do we need to be spending money when we aren't close?

if we go back to filling the team with 20 year olds are we just going to repeat the same process that just happened? we aren't good bad enough to get the obvious game changing players. if we end up with another 19 year old SF who cant shoot what the hell are we actually accomplishing?

Same as Rashard Lewis right? Gotta all star to build around like Dwight? Sure.

We don't have that.

He looks fine switching onto wings.

Obviously, I disagree. I think Ibaka and Biz have struggled with switching on the perimeter all year. Either way, giving Ibaka big money scares me.

Obviously, I disagree. I think Ibaka and Biz have struggled with switching on the perimeter all year. Either way, giving Ibaka big money scares me.

If Ibaka were to re-sign, it would be for a much longer deal. At this point in his career, he would likely be seeking at least four years – that is not something Orlando can build around.

Despite his invaluable contributions on offense, his athleticism has steeply declined in the past few seasons. He cannot block shots, defend guards or defend in the post like he used to. His inability to switch onto guards, along with Bismack Biyombo, has been a major point of weakness in the Magic’s defense.

It’s only a matter of time before this declining athleticism seeps into his offense too. Based on these patterns, locking into his future would not be a smart plan.

http://orlandomagicd...-serge-ibaka/3/

You're not the only one who sees it Soul.

Nah. Watch him. Both Biyombo and ibaka have been fine switching on the perimeter. Biyombo obviously worse.

Ibaka is statistically one of the best players switching onto pick and roll ball handlers in the nba. Opposing players shoot 23% when ibaka switches onto them.

He's also great at defending the roll man in pick and rolls

He's also been great at defending isolations

He's been really bad getting out and contesting spot up shooters

He's been below average defending post ups.

He's been really really bad at chasing guys through screens the few times that's happened.

But he's been pretty good switching onto guys on the perimeter

So Dallas just won its third in a row.

I guess that's good and bad for us. Good that we can sell Ibaka to them, bad that the Bulls are sinking just like us.

Anyone that has watched Serge play over the years knows he is declining. He is still a good player but far from the physical force he used to be. Despite a new career high in usage by a country mile his output has mostly declined-or stagnated. He is still a good player though. I don't want him and his contract 3 years from now though.

Anyone that has watched Serge play over the years knows he is declining. He is still a good player but far from the physical force he used to be. Despite a new career high in usage by a country mile his output has mostly declined-or stagnated. He is still a good player though. I don't want him and his contract 3 years from now though.

His help defense has left much to be desired