Soul Bro

2016-2017 Trade Idea Thread

Misleading? Not at all. More like exact.

Otis and Stan were both gone May of 2012. Rob was hired one month later. So, if you do the simple

math, from this exact time minus 5 years, we've seen 2 GMs and 4 coaches with Vogel being the 5th coach.

Would you attribute the win/loss record and all personnel decisions from 1/17/2012 till now to Rob? Because that is what you are doing. You saying 2 GMs in 5 years while technically true is misleading as nobody discusses it that way. Rob is in his fifth year as in charge.

2012-2013 was year 1

2013-2014 was year 2

2014-2015 was year 3

2015-2016 was year 4

And 2016-2017 is year 5.

We are not talking about ownership, this is strictly about Robs tenure here. Let's keep those separate because we are discussing the GM's decisions. When we are discussing Rob being here 5 years this is what we mean. And it's a real stretch to say revolving door based on this.

it's kinda weird that Hennigan's downfall might just be the phrase "I think we have a playoff team".

because if he said "We just want to continue developing our young players and see where the path leads us" or something along those lines I think he's fine.

Payton and Gordon are showing progress. Mario still has time.

He's ostensibly made 9 draft picks for the magic. 5 first rounders, 3 of which look like starters.

its free agency that's been the problem. Maybe we underestimate chemistry?

Would you attribute the win/loss record and all personnel decisions from 1/17/2012 till now to Rob? Because that is what you are doing. You saying 2 GMs in 5 years while technically true is misleading as nobody discusses it that way. Rob is in his fifth year as in charge.

2012-2013 was year 1

2013-2014 was year 2

2014-2015 was year 3

2015-2016 was year 4

And 2016-2017 is year 5.

We are not talking about ownership, this is strictly about Robs tenure here. Let's keep those separate because we are discussing the GM's decisions. When we are discussing Rob being here 5 years this is what we mean. And it's a real stretch to say revolving door based on this.

No because I'm pretty damn sure Skiles was Martin's/Devos's guy and part of the sudden change to be a playoff team.

Keep them separate? You don't think ownership/upper management has any hand in decision making?

i keep going back and forth whether we should trade Ibaka or not.

on one hand he's been our best player this year

on the other hand he's a free agent

but we have the ability to offer him the most money?

should we offer him the most money?

Teams don't usually regret overpaying good players.

do we need to be spending money when we aren't close?

if we go back to filling the team with 20 year olds are we just going to repeat the same process that just happened? we aren't good bad enough to get the obvious game changing players. if we end up with another 19 year old SF who cant shoot what the hell are we actually accomplishing?

if we go back to filling the team with 20 year olds are we just going to repeat the same process that just happened? we aren't good bad enough to get the obvious game changing players. if we end up with another 19 year old SF who cant shoot what the hell are we actually accomplishing?

What could possibly go wrong offering a max contract to nonmax talent?

The reason I want to trade Ibaka at this point is that his athleticism and defense are clearly declining, which means I don't believe he's a max (or near max) guy. He's been our best guy, but I don't think that's saying much.

What could possibly go wrong offering a max contract to nonmax talent?

When Solomon hill signed for 4/48 and Etwaun Moore went for 4/34 doesn't it seem ridiculous to argue if Ibaka is worth 23/year vs 30/year?

All great questions and no easy answers.

We have to somehow take other teams' trash with picks and/or young players so we keep evaluating what we have and keep towards a high draft pick. Easier said then done.

But strangely enough, Augustin and Biyombo are signed for a few years and they are guys who come off as heads down, work hard type players. They are good guys to keep around in this process.

The reason I want to trade Ibaka at this point is that his athleticism and defense are clearly declining, which means I don't believe he's a max (or near max) guy. He's been our best guy, but I don't think that's saying much.

Clearly declining?

How about this?

http://www.espn.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=j36fwxc

Edited didn't think this would work!!!!!

This trade: http://www.espn.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=hx8t6sv

Another crazy trade but hear me out.

Raptors is obvious, they need Ibaka and have to take Green to make the trade work. I would rather have Ross but i'm just assuming we can't get him.

Philly assumes they are gonna lose Noel and adds a decent PF they can resign and Mario hoping he becomes the SG of the future. I am betting they would want Payton but they also know this draft is loaded with PG's.

The Magic just get a reset. I'm hoping it's easier resigning Noel. Then with Carroll playing more like he did 2 years ago and removing some chemistry problems, we actually play defense. We still have scoring problems but think we have more flexibility going into the draft this year.

Again, i would rather have Ross and trade Biyombo. Not sure if Toronto would do that but he was really good for them.