Soul Bro

2016-2017 Trade Idea Thread

Because he might keep you in that pick range you don't want to be stuck in.

I don't trust Philly and the other teams to be that much of a winner.

This.

And there's no point in resigning him this summer if we're still at least 4 years from contending. I'd rather go fully into the reset and hope for some better luck in the next few drafts. Keeping Ibaka around just hurts our position this year and the next few, if he were to resign.

This.

And there's no point in resigning him this summer if we're still at least 4 years from contending. I'd rather go fully into the reset and hope for some better luck in the next few drafts. Keeping Ibaka around just hurts our position this year and the next few, if he were to resign.

We Trade Vuch and/or biz. Trade Fournier this year or next. Pick high lottery this year. Resign Ibaka who is what 27?

Gordon comes into his own next year. Really excells the year after.

We then have:

2nd year drafted PG/Payton

Mario?/FA

Gordon/FA

Ibaka

Biz

Everyone on our team would be young enough to reach some consistent stability. Supliment some solid Vets and we are in the playoff race in 2 years time.

We Trade Vuch and/or biz. Trade Fournier this year or next. Pick high lottery this year. Resign Ibaka who is what 27?

We then have:

Mario/FA?

Gordon/FA

Ibaka

Biz

Everyone on our team would be young enough to reach some consistent stability. Supliment some solid Vets and we are in the playoff race in 2 years time.

I am losing faith in Mario ever becoming good. He has no balls no aggression. He is a shorter version of vooch. The way he jogs down the floor is even feminine like vooch. Depressing.

I am losing faith in Mario ever becoming good. He has no balls no aggression. He is a shorter version of vooch. The way he jogs down the floor is even feminine like vooch. Depressing.

Yea I have no idea if he turns into anything hence the misplaced question mark (Should of been behind his name) but in two years who knows?

We then have:

Mario?/FA

Gordon/FA

Ibaka

Biz

That is the absolute ideal outcome. What would you say the chances are of it working out like that?

Speaking of chances, I'd say the chance Ibaka resigns with us this summer is less than 10%. Need to cash in on him while we can.

Who is the team firing on a yearly basis? Who/what is this revolving door of management? What constitutes "more in and outs" when the same front office has been in place for 5 years? Wouldn't that technically be "one in and out?"

Ironically I believe our roster turnover has been higher than the average NBA team. Does the front office really know what it is doing?

Thank you! I don't know why some act like I'm trying to turn the team into the Browns here, but I've been patient with Rob for 5 years. I don't think I owe him or the organization any more patience. Time for a change.

Who is the team firing on a yearly basis? Who/what is this revolving door of management? What constitutes "more in and outs" when the same front office has been in place for 5 years? Wouldn't that technically be "one in and out?"

Ironically I believe our roster turnover has been higher than the average NBA team. Does the front office really know what it is doing?

Yearly?! That's your interpretation of an revolving door?! That's not a revolving door. That's a sinking ship.

That is the absolute ideal outcome. What would you say the chances are of it working out like that?

Speaking of chances, I'd say the chance Ibaka resigns with us this summer is less than 10%. Need to cash in on him while we can.

Scared money don't make money my friend.

Henny put it together now it's time to roll the dice.

Yearly?! That's your interpretation of an revolving door?! That's not a revolving door. That's a sinking ship.

"Revolving Door: a place or organization that people tend to enter and leave very quickly."

Am I correct to assume that your definition of leave very quickly is at least 5 years, if not more?

I mentioned yearly because that is what I think a reasonable time for people to enter and exit an organization and still be considered a revolving door.

"Revolving Door: a place or organization that people tend to enter and leave very quickly."

Am I correct to assume that your definition of leave very quickly is at least 5 years, if not more?

I mentioned yearly because that is what I think a reasonable time for people to enter and exit an organization and still be considered a revolving door.

Take into the consideration in hose 5 years we've gone through 3 coaches and 2 GM's.

Look I'm not opposed to firing Henny. I'm not a Henny fanboy. I just don't think you do it now.

Take into the consideration in hose 5 years we've gone through 3 coaches and 2 GM's.

Look I'm not opposed to firing Henny. I'm not a Henny fanboy. I just don't think you do it now.

The GM is nearing his 5th year in charge. He was hired 6/20/12. I'm not sure why you'd phrase it the way you did as it's a bit misleading.

We are on the third coach so we've gone through two, yes.

As for Rob, as others have pointed out, he has assembled enough talent where we could string together a few consecutive wins which would hurt our draft position. Worse, he could make a trade that tries to worsen our draft position further AND mortgage the future (trade of picks or rookie contract players). That would be all Magic fans' worst nightmare.

The GM is nearing his 5th year in charge. He was hired 6/20/12. I'm not sure why you'd phrase it the way you did as it's a bit misleading.

We are on the third coach so we've gone through two, yes.

As for Rob, as others have pointed out, he has assembled enough talent where we could string together a few consecutive wins which would hurt our draft position. Worse, he could make a trade that tries to worsen our draft position further AND mortgage the future (trade of picks or rookie contract players). That would be all Magic fans' worst nightmare.

Misleading? Not at all. More like exact.

Otis and Stan were both gone May of 2012. Rob was hired one month later. So, if you do the simple

math, from this exact time minus 5 years, we've seen 2 GMs and 4 coaches with Vogel being the 5th coach.

Look , if Rob makes a win now move, that's upper management calling for it.