Soul Bro

2016-2017 Trade Idea Thread

I'm using Presti just like others are using Henny. If ownership is responsible for trading away Harden can we not say, with nepotism being well know as a thing that exits here, that ownership is responsible for the Skiles debacle last season and quite possibly the push for the playoffs?

The only thing that Presti has shown with his drafting is ability to draft where stars were there for him to pick.

Timing and luck is part of the equation. If AG continues his progress, Henny made the right call, a controversial call that no one else saw or predicted.

Ownership demanding accountability and success is different from ownership refusing to pay a player and forcing a GMs hand.

• Upvote 1

Ownership demanding accountability and success is different from ownership refusing to pay a player and forcing a GMs hand.

I'm not sure Martins or Hennigan have accountability for the product they've put on the floor. Sure doesn't seem like it.

You're looking at this solely from a frustrated fan's point of view and that's the problem. As a business owner, the more in and outs you have the likelihood of signing anyone of significance decreases dramatically from many levels from players to management. So, no, I won't stop the revolving door policy. It's an ineffective method that drowns a company into mediocrity, is a sign of no stability, and and all credibility deteriorates. In sports it's magnified because the business is more commercialized.

As P4TW said, your completely wrong on the amount of GMs that have had 5+ years. I can name one in OKC who just lost a superstar in FA and made a mistake in trading Harden who if he was still there, Durant probably would've reupped and the fans may have celebrated a ship already.

Who is the team firing on a yearly basis? Who/what is this revolving door of management? What constitutes "more in and outs" when the same front office has been in place for 5 years? Wouldn't that technically be "one in and out?"

Ironically I believe our roster turnover has been higher than the average NBA team. Does the front office really know what it is doing?

Who is the team firing on a yearly basis? Who/what is this revolving door of management? What constitutes "more in and outs" when the same front office has been in place for 5 years? Wouldn't that technically be "one in and out?"

Ironically I believe our roster turnover has been higher than the average NBA team. Does the front office really know what it is doing?

No the front office has no freaking clue and it seems that the Devos family is more than happy to take your money for a crap product... sounds familiar huh

Soul, If we wouldn't trade our first for a borderline all star why do you think a team with a better pick would?

I think the only team that would trade a top pick for a player like Ibaka is Boston, but it is still not likely.

Soul, If we wouldn't trade our first for a borderline all star why do you think a team with a better pick would?

Fair question... Dallas seems to hate the draft and has invested heavily in competing now. Additionally, they've repeatedly tried to add a borderline all star big in free agency, only to strike out. It wouldn't surprise me to see them trade for a Dragic, Ibaka, etc.

Fair question... Dallas seems to hate the draft and has invested heavily in competing now. Additionally, they've repeatedly tried to add a borderline all star big in free agency, only to strike out. It wouldn't surprise me to see them trade for a Dragic, Ibaka, etc.

i think they were heavily invested to win now as long as Dirk was productive.

Dirk is no longer productive so any strategy learned from the past 16 years no longer applies.

Just gotta wonder how long do we keep this going before we make a decision? We keep dragging this out.

i don't think we need to make a decision. or i should say maybe the decision was already made with the recent rotation change.

and i don't think we necessarily need to dump Ibaka. if all we're going to get for him is the 18th pick in this draft, why not just try to resign him. I'd rather have him than Ivan Rabb.

i don't think we need to make a decision. or i should say maybe the decision was already made with the recent rotation change.

and i don't think we necessarily need to dump Ibaka. if all we're going to get for him is the 18th pick in this draft, why not just try to resign him. I'd rather have him than Ivan Rabb.

Because he might keep you in that pick range you don't want to be stuck in.

I don't trust Philly and the other teams to be that much of a winner.