Soul Bro

2016-2017 Trade Idea Thread

If you guys could trade for one possibly attainable young guy around the league, who would it be?

Don't know if he's attainable but I love Ingram's game and potential.

Don't know if he's attainable but I love Ingram's game and potential.

I agree. I like McCollum, too, but I love the idea of adding Ingram next to Gordon. Obviously, it's based on pure potential.

If you guys could trade for one possibly attainable young guy around the league, who would it be?

Not impossible, but highly improbable - I'd love to get Kristaps Porzingis. I don't like the knicks but I'll tune in when they're on national TV just to watch him play. I couldn't care less about the other guys on that team.

Not impossible, but highly improbable - I'd love to get Kristaps Porzingis. I don't like the knicks but I'll tune in when they're on national TV just to watch him play. I couldn't care less about the other guys on that team.

I'd love Lebron too

Lebron wouldn't fit next to Gordon. I want late 80's Jordan

Nah, Gordon and Jordan next to each other would get too confusing for my brain. I'll take early 90's Olajuwon

You're making a ton of incorrect statements here.

1. Ownership directed a playoff push. This has been well documented.

2. It's highly unusual for teams to flip through gms. 17 of the current gms have been in their position for 5+ years

Ultimately you're just upset and feel the need to blame someone. Hennigan might be fired this summer. He might not. But the anger from you is kinda weird

Even if ownership directed a playoff push, that is still on Henny for forcing ownership to be frustrated due to his lack of success in rebuilding the team. I honestly feel ownership and fans have been patient with this process but it's been 5 years since the Dwight trade now and we have no clear direction and just a complete mess of a roster. So yes, I'm frustrated but I have every damn right to be, and I will blame the man who put this god awful unwatchable team together. I'm tired of the basketball team I love so much being terrible, and I believe a new man calling the shots is the right thing to do for this franchise.

We're all frustrated but when it blinds you from rationality, you make poor decisions or in his case, poor arguments.

The most successful teams practice stability and every single one of those teams has made some head scratchers along the way. What separates the Spurs/OKC's from the Kings/Knicks are stability. He was wrong there. There are quite a few teams with GMs for 5+ years and quite a few of those have weather the storm and are currently successful.

A Business that practices a revolving door policy accomplishes nothing, gains nothing.

If we look at the past few years, we can see a few things. Upper management making some of the decisions and not a good combo of luck/timing. I remember reading a quote from a GM, might've been Ainge can't remember, and he said basically luck and timing is very esstential to building a good team. Sure, you gotta be able to crunch the analytics, view film and scout players as well as negotiate but without luck and timing, you get Mario instead of Porzingis or AG instead of Wiggins/Parker or luck is on your side and you get Shaq and Penny and Dwight. The jury is still out in those two man. AG is progressing nicely and I pray Mario blows up with this promotion.

I have no freaking clue if Henny can fix this. I do know that the revolving door, the lack of stability, and the incapability to learn, are tough habits to break. Takes a loooong time to break from that. A lot longer than 5 years.

Dude, stop with this revolving door policy BS. I'm not suggesting we fire our GM every year we don't make the playoffs, I'm suggesting firing the man who has failed to get the job done over 5 years. That's more than what most professional sport GMs get to build a team. You're telling me to have patience for the sake of having patience, but I need something to sell me on this patience after 5 years of failure and bad decisions. Sorry, but I've been patient with the process and haven't been rewarded for it. Rob shouldn't be rewarded for not getting the job done. Time for a new direction in the FO. Hopefully we can send Martins out the door with Henny.

Even if ownership directed a playoff push, that is still on Henny for forcing ownership to be frustrated due to his lack of success in rebuilding the team. I honestly feel ownership and fans have been patient with this process but it's been 5 years since the Dwight trade now and we have no clear direction and just a complete mess of a roster. So yes, I'm frustrated but I have every damn right to be, and I will blame the man who put this god awful unwatchable team together. I'm tired of the basketball team I love so much being terrible, and I believe a new man calling the shots is the right thing to do for this franchise.

Dude, stop with this revolving door policy BS. I'm not suggesting we fire our GM every year we don't make the playoffs, I'm suggesting firing the man who has failed to get the job done over 5 years. That's more than what most professional sport GMs get to build a team. You're telling me to have patience for the sake of having patience, but I need something to sell me on this patience after 5 years of failure and bad decisions. Sorry, but I've been patient with the process and haven't been rewarded for it. Rob shouldn't be rewarded for not getting the job done. Time for a new direction in the FO. Hopefully we can send Martins out the door with Henny.

You're looking at this solely from a frustrated fan's point of view and that's the problem. As a business owner, the more in and outs you have the likelihood of signing anyone of significance decreases dramatically from many levels from players to management. So, no, I won't stop the revolving door policy. It's an ineffective method that drowns a company into mediocrity, is a sign of no stability, and and all credibility deteriorates. In sports it's magnified because the business is more commercialized.

As P4TW said, your completely wrong on the amount of GMs that have had 5+ years. I can name one in OKC who just lost a superstar in FA and made a mistake in trading Harden who if he was still there, Durant probably would've reupped and the fans may have celebrated a ship already.

I can name one in OKC who just lost a superstar in FA and made a mistake in trading Harden who if he was still there, Durant probably would've reupped and maybe the fans would have celebrated a ship.

I dont think you can use Sam Presti as an example here.

Durant left a team that went to the WCF and almost beat GSW to join a historically great GSW team in order to win a title easier. It was very unpredictable and odd, and I don't think any GM could have convinced him out of that one. But the reason OKC is still competitive is because of Sam's drafting and ability to make trades that fit the team.

Secondly, he didn't "mistakenly" trade Harden. Ownership offered him a four-year $55 million extension offer and didn't want to pay him the five-year $80 million contract extension he wanted. Ownership being cheap is hardly Presti's fault. So Presti did what he had to do, which is maximize him as a trade asset.

I dont think you can use Sam Presti as an example here.

Durant left a team that went to the WCF and almost beat GSW to join a historically great GSW team in order to win a title easier. It was very unpredictable and odd, and I don't think any GM could have convinced him out of that one. But the reason OKC is still competitive is because of Sam's drafting and ability to make trades that fit the team.

Secondly, he didn't "mistakenly" trade Harden. Ownership offered him a four-year $55 million extension offer and didn't want to pay him the five-year $80 million contract extension he wanted. Ownership being cheap is hardly Presti's fault. So Presti did what he had to do, which is maximize him as a trade asset.

I'm using Presti just like others are using Henny. If ownership is responsible for trading away Harden can we not say, with nepotism being well know as a thing that exits here, that ownership is responsible for the Skiles debacle last season and quite possibly the push for the playoffs?

The only thing that Presti has shown with his drafting is ability to draft where stars were there for him to pick.

Timing and luck is part of the equation. If AG continues his progress, Henny made the right call, a controversial call that no one else saw or predicted.