Soul Bro

2016-2017 Trade Idea Thread

I think we'd be trying to get crowder for vucevic and a pick

Crowder would be the best player in that trade so you don't really have much leverage for something more than that.

I'd love this kind of trade- but probably would never happen.

I'd love this kind of trade- but probably would never happen.

yeah. if you asked me in the offseason I would have laughed at you thinking there's no way they'd trade Crowder because he was arguably their best player. Thomas getting better plus horford and Jaylen Brown needing more minutes and suddenly it's not that crazy.

Crowder would be fantastic for this team. I wouldn't trade Hezonja for him because he's just really the ultimate glue guy, not an elite player. But he'd be really really good closing a lot of gaps that we currently have on defense, allows us to play Gordon in a hybrid role, he's a consistent scorer where like 18 of his last 21 games he hit double figures, is a fantastic shooter, and so on.

yeah. if you asked me in the offseason I would have laughed at you thinking there's no way they'd trade Crowder because he was arguably their best player. Thomas getting better plus horford and Jaylen Brown needing more minutes and suddenly it's not that crazy.

Crowder would be fantastic for this team. I wouldn't trade Hezonja for him because he's just really the ultimate glue guy, not an elite player. But he'd be really really good closing a lot of gaps that we currently have on defense, allows us to play Gordon in a hybrid role, he's a consistent scorer where like 18 of his last 21 games he hit double figures, is a fantastic shooter, and so on.

I'm for it but the salaries don't match. Boston would need to include something else. I would like to say Bradley but yeah right. Maybe Olynyk or Rozier.

I'm for it but the salaries don't match. Boston would need to include something else. I would like to say Bradley but yeah right. Maybe Olynyk or Rozier.

or jerebko.

or maybe we do something like vuc and payton for smart and crowder.

Woah now we're talking. I'm going to try to not get too excited for this, but I'd be absolutely ecstatic if we we able to get Crowder for Vuc. It just seems to fit on every single level. Spacing, defense, rotations. If this is really a possibility, it's time for Henny to show us something.

or jerebko.

That's exactly what I was thinking. Smart was Henny's boy. He'd fix the backcourt defensive inconsistencies. Shooting wise though...Definitely see it as an possibility.

That's exactly what I was thinking. Smart was Henny's boy. He'd fix the backcourt defensive inconsistencies. Shooting wise though...Definitely see it as an possibility.

yeah. we loved smart.

I don't think he's all that great but he'd fix the passiveness we get sometimes and he's a good defender all of the time.

he's another player that I'm not sure how Ainge values him. On one hand you can see why a team would like him. on the other hand he's now 160 games into his career and still cant improve his shooting percentage. They have Thomas and Bradley, maybe they'd value a different look at point guard with Payton over smart. They keep drafting point guards for a reason.

yeah. we loved smart.

I don't think he's all that great but he'd fix the passiveness we get sometimes and he's a good defender all of the time.

he's another player that I'm not sure how Ainge values him. On one hand you can see why a team would like him. on the other hand he's now 160 games into his career and still cant improve his shooting percentage. They have Thomas and Bradley, maybe they'd value a different look at point guard with Payton over smart. They keep drafting point guards for a reason.

Could it be possible that in such a Pg heavy draft they are looking done the road more?

What's the chances they move IT? Nil right?

Could it be possible that in such a Pg heavy draft they are looking done the road more?

Less than nil I'd say. Somewhere between ouch and boiiiing.

before the season I'd say they were probably low key shopping Thomas.

with him averaging 33 ppg over the past 8 games and now 28 for the season I don't see that happening anymore. the difference between a 22 ppg player and a 28 ppg player is significant.

or jerebko.

Ugh, as inconsistent as Payton is, I think he is much better than Smart.