Soul Bro

2016-2017 Trade Idea Thread

People complain we never land big names then complain that we spent too much money on said big name.

Makes sense.

I don't care how much money he cost simply because he was a huge part of our success which in turn makes every dime worth it in my opinion.

Edit: We did what we felt was necessary to land him. We then landed the biggest name in free agency.

Didn't we outbid ourselves?

People complain we never land big names then complain that we spent too much money on said big name.

Makes sense.

I don't care how much money he cost simply because he was a huge part of our success which in turn makes every dime worth it in my opinion.

Edit: We did what we felt was necessary to land him. We then landed the biggest name in free agency.

People will always complain.

Our problem isn't our willingness to through big money out to big time players, its been our choice of players to throw big money at. Our only wise big money investment was TMAC, and Goggles to a lesser extent.

Calm your tits. Horace Grant was the man.

Never said anything else. I just don't consider him a 'superstar'.

BTW we paid way to much to sign him. Getting rid of Skiles and lost the first rounder which could have been Vince Carter...

People will always complain.

Our problem isn't our willingness to through big money out to big time players, its been our choice of players to throw big money at. Our only wise big money investment was TMAC, and Goggles to a lesser extent.

I get it. The original question implied we lack the ability to land big names. Obviously we have had few superstars but how many teams besides the Lakers have several?

I just used Lewis as an example that we do have the ability to land a big name regardless of money.

Vince Carter was not a super star by any stretch when we landed him.

He was averaging 16ppg. Stop.

Could of swore the year before we got him he was 1 of 4 or so players averaging 20, 5, and 5. Turk was also one of those players.

Could of swore the year before we got him he was 1 of 4 or so players averaging 20, 5, and 5. Turk was also one of those players.

He was not a super star at any point when he was in Orlando. If you disagree, please check the numbers and more importantly watch some game film.

I suppose to Orlando's standards he was a superstar.

he was averaging 21 ppg when we landed him.

That isn't a superstar.

Shaq was a superstar and Penny was on his way.

Tmac was a superstar talent who's injuries cut his career short.

Other than that, nothing.