Soul Bro

2016-2017 Trade Idea Thread

A lot of teams that are near the top in the standings could've afforded something similar to the package given up for Cousins. Why New Orleans? (Although they might be pretty good now).

its a combination of

1. Cousins being a very controversial player. GMs either love him or they hate him. so his value isn't high. there's a lot of anonymous "I'll get a fist fight with my GM if he trades for cousins" talk from coaches and "I pray every day that my rival trades for Cousins [because it'd be the downfall of their team]".

2. Sacramento completely mismanaged this trade process by not shopping him around and rushing through this deal.

3. Vivek was a minority owner of Golden State and he's constantly misevaluating shooters "Hield is the next curry" "Stauskas has curry shooting but Thompson's size". then you have Jimmer, McLemore, and so on.

Keith Smith ‏@KeithSmithNBA · 4s5 seconds ago

 More

Lots of chatter around the league right now. Lots of positioning going around. I expect a fairly busy next three days.

if this isn't the lowest point for a sports franchise I don't know what is.

Being the browns where they were struggling to find a coach that would coach for them?

I don't know, I think it is hard to beat the ineptitude of the browns. Sacramento definitely seems to be getting close though.