Soul Bro

2016-2017 Trade Idea Thread

I feel like Boston wants someone who will come off the books. Boston could use Vuch for sure but i think they would rather have a temporary fix and try again in the offseason. The other thing is they have to include Amir to make the money work. If they are trying to make a run this year, they would rather trade for a depth piece and keep Amir. I think the Vuch to Boston rumor was a smokescreen to help themselves get a better deal with Ibaka.

A three team deal with Dj or Watson might be the only other deal we make.

Boston needs rebounding that's why they're interested in Vucevic

Zach Lowe's article today about Detroit talked a bit about us as a potential trade partner for Reggie Jackson (I'd post the link if I wasn't on mobile). I don't want that at all, I want a PG from this draft

The Pistons could target a distressed young point guard like Elfrid Payton or Emmanuel Mudiay, and snag a rental wing to make up the salary gap. Mudiay is available, per several league sources, though it appears Denver has no interest in Jackson. Orlando remains an intriguing fit; Rob Hennigan, the Magic GM, was part of the Thunder front office that drafted Jackson, and the team is starting freaking C.J. Watson over Payton.

If Payton doesn't float Van Gundy's boat, the Pistons could reunite with D.J. Augustin. Jrue Holiday could ignite another point guard shuffle if he indicates he won't re-sign in New Orleans; the Pelicans have kicked the tires on Jackson, league sources say, though nothing ever got serious.

They might even flip Jackson for an extra wing -- Mario Hezonja and filler, perhaps? -- ride out the season with Smith, and fill the point guard hole later. But wings are in demand, and teams aren't going to flip proven ones for Jackson right now.

http://www.espn.com/nba/story/_/id/18686427/zach-lowe-andre-drummond-reggie-jackson-detroit-pistons

Reading Lowe's article, he mentions us over and over again as a possible destination for Jackson. Honestly, I don't want that now. I want a PG from the draft in the worst kind of way.

http://www.espn.com/nba/story/_/id/18686427/zach-lowe-andre-drummond-reggie-jackson-detroit-pistons

Reading Lowe's article, he mentions us over and over again as a possible destination for Jackson. Honestly, I don't want that now. I want a PG from the draft in the worst kind of way.

I wonder if this all a smokescreen to get NO to flip Jrue for Vuch.

I will say this about Jackson. He is the classic buy low candidate. His advanced numbers look solid until this year, he's still young, and his contract looks decent. Can he play both guard positions?

I think I like Elf & Mario's potential more than Jackson. I could be a homer, but I don't think I'd give up those either of those 2 pieces for him.

And the part about Rob being in OKC when they drafted Jackson made me cringe. Same thing was said about Ibaka, smh.

yeah. I'd do that or something like augustin and some heavily protected pick that's likely to convey in 2020 or something like that if Detroit is really big on dumping Jackson.

Do you think they may unload Dre and would we want him?

I don't think we'd have anything they'd want except a pick.

Just expanding on this a little but I might be going to far here.

Do you think they may unload Dre and would we want him?

I don't think we'd have anything they'd want except a pick.

Just expanding on this a little but I might be going to far here.

I don't know if you want a guy making max money that you cant play in the last 5 minutes of a game.

• Upvote 1