Soul Bro

2016-2017 Trade Idea Thread

Swap Gordon for Hezonja and I'd be okay with it

I'm sure every Magic fan would be. The deal would fall apart though and wouldn't satisfy the needs of BOS in this case. AG is the perfect sell high candidate, Mario is not at the moment.

Last one: http://www.espn.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=hbf2c3r

With the Nets pick involved as well, either outright or with the right to swap.

I can see them doing this maybe with a pic swap. It's exactly what we need and almost exactly what they need. No way we get to keep our pick and the Net's pick.

However it's a major upgrade for them and they just give up potential in Jaylen, he hasn't shown anything yet.

Again i see this is as a legit trade because nobody has even been rumored to be giving up a legit star to the Celtics. With a swap, they still get top pick in a loaded draft and really don't need a PG so it's a fair swap.

Last one: http://www.espn.com/...tradeId=hbf2c3r

With the Nets pick involved as well, either outright or with the right to swap.

The more i think about it this is the best one i have seen all month. The Celtics can see how Ibaka fits, if he doesn't they can let him walk. Vucevic is on a killer contract and i actually think he fits better on the Celtics. They also get our pick in a draft full of wings.

From our side getting the possible number one pic is huge, plus getting a young SF, obviously. The secret good thing about this trade is it gives us more time to decide who fits on our team. We all know the team in in win now panic mode. If this trade went down i think management could sell a small rebuild. Going into next year if we actually get the number one pick it would be an easy sell to keep on building with youth.

Thing is most won't think the Celts would trade the pick, and i agree a little. I feel like they won't keep the pick but would be willing to wait til the draft to try one more time to nab a superstar. The trick is convincing them over the next month that the Raptors and Cavaliers are vulnerable. It's happening, all three are losing right now.

I think this trade would go down in a heartbeat without the lottery picks involved. Question is do we do it?

Is Jaylen worth giving up Ibaka for? Front office couldn't sell that, even if the Celts threw in a few of their late round picks.

There is one big reason for them to do this trade i think. I think its a well known secret the Celtics want to sign Gordon Hayward this coming summer.If this is the case they don't need brown as they have Crowder signed cheap for 3 more years. They have the cap space and this trade greatly improves them without sacrificing that. The second thing is it gives them another star they can sign using bird rights. AFTER they sign Gordon. This is huge and gets them to contender status.

Augustin for draft rights to Cedi Osman, TPE. He should be coming over next season.

Or Watson but Augustin solves the backup PG issue for the foreseeable future.

http://www.espn.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=zznyjeq

Tweaked Murphy's trade a bit. Ok this would never happen but hear me out.

First we get the Nets pick and keep our own. This trade wouldn't happen on the Magic side because we literally give up all our best players and Henny would be signing his walk papers. However getting 2 picks in a loaded draft in the top 5 is gold. We keep the one young player most agree has the star potential, A.Gordon. We get two young players most of us thought the Magic were looking at when they were drafted. Smart and Brown. The Magic essentially complete a second rebuild in one year.

Why the Celtics do it. First of all look at the added wins! I know the trade machine is basic analytics but i happen to think all three players fit better on the Celtics because of Thomas and Horford. Secondly this actually improves the Celtics cap space to pursue Gordon Hayward and another roleplayer this summer. Third, with the youth of today's draft picks they know Brown and their top pick this year can't help them win soon. Nobody is trading them a Griffin or Cousins. They aren't getting a Jokic or Gobert either. The names aren't important, you know what i mean.

With this trade the Celtics get to create a very good team with maybe the best bench in the league. We get to hit the reset button.

Seriously this trade looks bad from both sides, but i believe it would greatly help both teams!

There is a 0% chance that the Celtics trade what is going to be the #1 pick to us. Stop.