Fultz4thewin

2016-2017 Season Discussion Thread

Always awesome to read how former young Magic players are now doing well... without being a Magic player.

http://www.orlandosentinel.com/sports/orlando-magic/os-sp-orlando-magic-maurice-harkless-0113-story.html

"“It was a tough situation: a lot of guys trying to figure it out, including the staff and the front office,” Harkless said. “It was a unique situation.""

Man.... to bad it still looks like the staff and front office are still trying to figure it out at year 5.

The Orlando Magic is like a 5 year old infant at this point, we are good at pooping and peeing on ourselves, and we go to sleep often on the court especially in the 3rd qtr of games.

@JoshuaBRobbins

Frank Vogel said Nikola Vucevic will remain in the starting lineup and the team will employ small lineups more often.

Frank Vogel also said Mario Hezonja will now receive more time as the backup small forward behind Aaron Gordon.

To me this signals a trade should happen. Let the tank begin!

@JoshuaBRobbins

Frank Vogel said Nikola Vucevic will remain in the starting lineup and the team will employ small lineups more often.

Frank Vogel also said Mario Hezonja will now receive more time as the backup small forward behind Aaron Gordon.

Awwww ****! Mario has been unleashed!

@JoshuaBRobbins

Music to my ears

It said green is backup 4

That's not exactly what it said. It said they're going to do less "big-big" lineups:

"Vogel also said he probably will employ more small-ball lineups and rely less often on lineups that feature two big men playing simultaneously."

“[We’ll] probably play less big-big lineups than we had been playing. Part of the reason, I think, that we haven’t been able to get over the hump is trying to force that maybe a little too much. So we’ll play more spread lineups with Jeff Green at the four.”

Those are quotes from the article. If Vuch is starting and Biyombo is coming off the bench for Vuch, and we're only playing one big man at a time, it's not clear exactly how Ibaka fits in.

Payton

Fournier

Gordon

Ibaka

Vooch

DJ

Meeks

Mario

Green

Biz

That will be the rotation.

But yeah i got a feeling they may have just realised we are not making the playoffs.

But to think positive anything can happen.. Maybe just maybe a little magic happens and this all turns around. Mario starts to play and does it well we make the playoffs and everybody is happy. Then next season build upon it.

Literally doubt it happens but damn it would be nice to get a little luck and success again for our beloved team!

That's not exactly what it said. It said they're going to do less "big-big" lineups:

"Vogel also said he probably will employ more small-ball lineups and rely less often on lineups that feature two big men playing simultaneously."

“[We’ll] probably play less big-big lineups than we had been playing. Part of the reason, I think, that we haven’t been able to get over the hump is trying to force that maybe a little too much. So we’ll play more spread lineups with Jeff Green at the four.”

Those are quotes from the article. If Vuch is starting and Biyombo is coming off the bench for Vuch, and we're only playing one big man at a time, it's not clear exactly how Ibaka fits in.

Yeah you're right. I read it wrong.

I'm pretty sure the big-big lineup they're referring to is the biyombo-Vucevic lineups

Yeah you're right. I read it wrong.

I'm pretty sure the big-big lineup they're referring to is the biyombo-Vucevic lineups

Yeah it wasn't totally clear. Well I guess we'll know soon enough.