Fultz4thewin

2016-2017 Season Discussion Thread

If Henny trades for Gay, he'll be gone. Watch.

Again, if Hennigan makes a move like that it comes with the approval of ownership.

If hennigan gets the approval of ownership and the payton-fournier-gay-Gordon-Ibaka magic sneak into the playoffs why would he get fired?

Again, if Hennigan makes a move like that it comes with the approval of ownership.

If hennigan gets the approval of ownership and the payton-fournier-gay-Gordon-Ibaka magic sneak into the playoffs why would he get fired?

https://images.duckduckgo.com/iu/?u=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.runjackson.org%2Fwp-content%2Fuploads%2Ftreadmill.jpg&f=1

I should clarify, I don't think Rudy Gay is good.

but I'd understand dumping vucevic for some random future protected pick this offseason for the cap space (at best)

and Rudy Gay is going to opt out of his contract this offseason

and we need consistent scoring which he provides

and it would open up room for Gordon to play the 4

so if vucevic gone = 12 million in cap space

and Gay leaving this offseason = 12 million in cap space

then we're basically no worse off and the roster is more balanced.

but I'd understand dumping vucevic for some random future protected pick this offseason for the cap space (at best)

I'd understand if FA was strong and we had a franchise player that attracted players.

We have neither soooo back to the image above.

I'd understand if FA was strong and we had a franchise player that attracted players.

We have neither soooo back to the image above.

Right, but the alternative is tanking.

in the short term that alternative doesn't exist.

You might as well be arguing that Trump should expand funding to Planned Parenthood. whatever you feel about the issue, it doesn't matter because it as an option doesn't exist.

so we need to do our best to push forward within the goals of the franchise without screwing ourselves over for the future when this all comes crashing down.

This looks like a desperate attempt to the obvious situation we are in. Why compound the problem more with Gay? Who's to say Ibaka or Biyombo does not hit a serious injury during this season... if that happened and we didn't have Vuc... wow

This looks like a desperate attempt to the obvious situation we are in. Why compound the problem more with Gay? Who's to say Ibaka or Biyombo does not hit a serious injury during this season... if that happened and we didn't have Vuc... wow

it's absolutely a desperate attempt to fix our situation. but its a fix with little future ramifications.

if Ibaka gets injured right now we'd be screwed so I don't know what the point of that is.

it's absolutely a desperate attempt to fix our situation. but its a fix with little future ramifications.

if Ibaka gets injured right now we'd be screwed so I don't know what the point of that is.

Agreed and thanks for asking, let me explain.

Vuc is ours until we trade him, he isn't a one year rental. Ibaka and Biyombo have suffered injuries in the past that have kept them out. If Ibaka goes down then we would still have Vuc to figure out our future. But if we trade Vuc for a rental (when we have 2 already is asking a lot) then we would lose a future piece that could help out in a tight spot, in addition to losing Ibaka and only having Biyombo as our primary 5.... which is not what we want.

And also players got want to play here and not just come for money. So why we can pay people all day, I would really like to get players who really want a shot at the Championship

Agreed and thanks for asking, let me explain.

Vuc is ours until we trade him, he isn't a one year rental. Ibaka and Biyombo have suffered injuries in the past that have kept them out. If Ibaka goes down then we would still have Vuc to figure out our future. But if we trade Vuc for a rental (when we have 2 already is asking a lot) then we would lose a future piece that could help out in a tight spot, in addition to losing Ibaka and only having Biyombo as our primary 5.... which is not what we want.

You've been arguing for weeks (months?) that Ibaka is a 5 and we're dumb for playing him primarily at the 4. Every Ibaka bad game I hear this from you. you argue during every loss that our roster is unbalanced. You're against Gordon at the 3. you say we need more scoring.

I provide you a trade that does everything you've been asking for with limited repercussions and now you start questioning those things because our third string center might not be good enough?

is it because it's vucevic we're trading? Would you be more comfortable if we traded Biyombo? Honest question because I'm shocked you of all people wouldn't be on board for this.

You've been arguing for weeks (months?) that Ibaka is a 5 and we're dumb for playing him primarily at the 4. Every Ibaka bad game I hear this from you. you argue during every loss that our roster is unbalanced. You're against Gordon at the 3. you say we need more scoring.

I provide you a trade that does everything you've been asking for with limited repercussions and now you start questioning those things because our third string center might not be good enough?

is it because it's vucevic we're trading? Would you be more comfortable if we traded Biyombo? Honest question because I'm shocked you of all people wouldn't be on board for this.

Well for one I rather have a 26 year old big on a great contract who's improved his defense and range as an asset than a 4 month rental of a 30 year old SF who plays no D and has made teams better by leaving.

2nd we're just kicking the can down the road.

No not exactly, you provided a desperate attempt which you agreed and thus I'm not seeing why we should do anything if we are going to get the same result in 3 or so months.

Look, Ibaka is a 1yr. That's how I think of it. Biyombo is not a starting 5 on a team with offensive production issues, he wasn't in Charlotte and he won't be in Orlando. Vuc has value long term either here of trade.

At the end of the day Biyombo came here because we offered more money than the next guy. He didn't come here for a championship because we are far away from that, he turned those teams down when he chose us.

Ibaka was traded here, I never once heard him say... Man I would love to come to the Magic and play for them. Again we are far away from a championship team.

Green same thing, 15M... shoot, who wouldn't.

And people wonder why our team looks disinterested and not wanting to compete, these guys are not playing for a champ. They are playing for a check.