Fultz4thewin

2016-2017 Season Discussion Thread

Is anyone else disgusted that Vogel isn't even playing Mario 10-15 minutes per game? As we seen with AG it takes a raw player at least 2 years of consistent playing time to really get their game going. Either trade him or play him because right now we are damaging him. As we have seen with JJ if you give someone with a great shooting touch consistent minutes they will start knocking down their shots...

I know it isn't a popular thought on this message board but we are fools for not sending Mario to the D league for a week or 2. He would probably go there and destroy those other players and come back with so much more confidence.

Ya know someone on realgm brought up a good point and I'm just connecting the dots here but what if we want to keep him hidden while developing him so he's not included in trade talks? One article mentioned how he's the most asked about player when GMs call. Then you have Vogel saying if Ibaka wasn't here, AG would be the PF. AG is not a SF, not currently anyways and I don't see us trading Ibaka after trading for him.

What if we're putting so much behind the scenes work with Mario, lord knows he needs it, and once we make a trade, we start giving him a bigger role?

Take a trade for Cousins for example. You need shooters around him. Despite Mario's struggles, we know he can shoot. He also has a more offensive skill set than AG.

I would not be surprise if we traded AG.

Just hypothetically how about a future lineup of

Dragic/Fournier/Mario/Ibaka/Cousins

Or what if we can get on a three way with Phoenix

Bledsoe/Fournier/Mario/Ibaka/Cousins

Is anyone else disgusted that Vogel isn't even playing Mario 10-15 minutes per game? As we seen with AG it takes a raw player at least 2 years of consistent playing time to really get their game going. Either trade him or play him because right now we are damaging him. As we have seen with JJ if you give someone with a great shooting touch consistent minutes they will start knocking down their shots...

I know it isn't a popular thought on this message board but we are fools for not sending Mario to the D league for a week or 2. He would probably go there and destroy those other players and come back with so much more confidence.

Mario should absolutely be getting reps in the DLeague but the GM doesn't have the spine to do it. When you send the #5 pick there that's a big indictment on what kind of player you have.

We're still in the bottom 4 of the conference. Funny enough there are three teams ahead of us for the 8th spot and three teams below us for the worst. We're literally right in the middle, not good enough for playoffs and not good enough for a high pick. When will it end...

The reason for our demise is the failed AG experiment. There I said it.

Put AG to PF where he belongs or trade him. The AG at SF experiment needs to be abandoned now and quickly.

It's not one thing but that's definitely one of them including Payton not being consistently good...2nd and 3rd option players without having a franchise like player...

• Upvote 1

2nd and 3rd option players without having a franchise like player...

You nailed it.

And I'd trade for Cousins as I said many times before, but it might be tougher now because the Kings have a real shot at the playoffs

one thing I liked about skiles that Vogel lacks was his mentality of "If you're not going to play up to my expectations then I'm going to put in someone that will". So when Payton was playing poorly he put in Jennings. and when Jennings was playing poorly he went to Shabazz or Watson, he didn't go back to Payton immediately when the 4 minutes of rest came up.

Maybe that's how Vogel gets guys to play well. he believes in them.

But it just sucks to see Ibaka and Fournier play well and continuously push us back into the game only for whatever guy who is playing terrible that day to still get his spot in the rotation instead of experimenting to see if you can find a guy to win the game.

You nailed it.

And I'd trade for Cousins as I said many times before, but it might be tougher now because the Kings have a real shot at the playoffs

Yeah it isn't likely but if there's a time to do it, doesn't get any better than now.

Yeah it isn't likely but if there's a time to do it, doesn't get any better than now.

the trick to getting a good player isn't trading for them, its having a feasible team remaining afterward.

No point in going after cousins if we're starting augustin-meeks-fournier-green-cousins

forget boogie

Steve Kyler ‏@stevekylerNBA · 18s19 seconds ago

Steve Kyler Retweeted serge clutch ibaka

The conversations Orlando has had with Kings centered on Rudy Gay.

Josh Robbins ‏@JoshuaBRobbins · 2m2 minutes ago

The Magic are listing Evan Fournier as questionable to play tonight with a right heel contusion. He'll be a game-time decision.

the trick to getting a good player isn't trading for them, its having a feasible team remaining afterward.

No point in going after cousins if we're starting augustin-meeks-fournier-green-cousins

Come on man. You know that's now how it works.

Ibaka would still be here. Payton would probably be too. They'd be rebuilding in a draft full of PG'S and Payton isn't any better than Collison who can actually shoot. You'd have to give up Vuch, AG, or Mario or both with first rounders.

You'd still have Green, Biz, Meeks, and Augustin on your bench.

Go into FA filling in the gaps.

When you trade a star, everyone knows you don't get every awesome player in return. You get some youth, potential, draft picks or salary relief.

I rather build around a star than build around 2nd 3rd option players. That's a treadmill team.