Fultz4thewin

2016-2017 Season Discussion Thread

Zim was not and more than likely is not ready to see any kind of substantial minutes. We needed a backup center if we weren't going to resign Dedmon.

And you target Biyombo for big bucks... still cannot understand his signing.

Zim was not and more than likely is not ready to see any kind of substantial minutes. We needed a backup center if we weren't going to resign Dedmon.

That doesn't mean you pay top dollar for one in FA. Especially when he's making more than your starter. But let's be real, Rob didn't sign Biyombo to be the back up. That's just how the cards fell and he's shown that he's nothing more than a backup making this another poor investment by Rob and our management.

We didn't need to go out and pay top dollar in FA for a back up center. Especially AFTER the Ibaka trade.

If I would've signed any of those guys it would've been Dwight not just to help patch things up but he's the only one of those guys who actually is a starter, even though he's a shell of his former self.

I'm still pretty convinced that we were planning to trade vucevic and run a Ibaka-biyombo, Gordon-Ibaka, Gordon-biyombo rotation but then nobody wanted Vucevic early and when the market opened for Vucevic he was outplaying biyombo.

That doesn't mean you pay top dollar for one in FA. Especially when he's making more than your starter. But let's be real, Rob didn't sign Biyombo to be the back up. That's just how the cards fell and he's shown that he's nothing more than a backup making this another poor investment by Rob and our management.

Zim was brought up as if he is relevant to our current construction. I was only replying to that portion.

Biz is another agruement on its own. Personally I'm fine with Biz but that is me holding out hope he contributes more consistently in the future.

I would love to see us go 15-7 but i would hate to give up draft rights for meaningless wins... So i'm turn between to good options there..

ugh... If all it was is the right personnel, should traded oladipo for ross instead of ibaka...

I would love to see us go 15-7 but i would hate to give up draft rights for meaningless wins... So i'm turn between to good options there..

ugh... If all it was is the right personnel, should traded oladipo for ross instead of ibaka...

Same difference at this point.

You do realize that TOR would have had absolutely no reason to make that trade right? They needed a PF not another SG.

hmm...

looked at the advanced stats trying to find differences. Pace is at 102 up from 98. if we kept this pace up the entire season we'd be behind only Brooklyn and golden state.

we're getting 26.5 ppg off of turnovers. we're at 15.5 for the whole season. Houston leads the league at 19.2.

fastbreak points are up.

freethrow rate is up.

those are the main standouts.

RaptorsMRVerified account

‏@RaptorsMR

Kyle Lowry to undergo surgery Tuesday morning to remove loose bodies from right wrist. Aim to return for playoffs. #WeTheNorth

Ross & 25th

Oladipo & Sabonis

If we hit on 25th pick, not even a home run just a solid player--after all the drama of Dipo and Ibaka we could easily end up winning both deals when you consider how much Dipo is making.

Ross & 25th

Oladipo & Sabonis

If we hit on 25th pick, not even a home run just a solid player--after all the drama of Dipo and Ibaka we could easily end up winning both deals when you consider how much Dipo is making.

still don't know why people make a big deal about sabonis. He's not all that great. He's actually getting worse. in the 2017 calendar year he's averaging 5.7ppg 3.9 rpg in 22 mpg on 37/16/68 shooting. and he's currently on a stretch where he's made 1 out of his last 16 threes.

I'm sure he'll end up being a fine pro long term but isn't the 6'11 no defense, good midrange-3 PF super easy to find now? is that really a guy you want on the magic?

still don't know why people make a big deal about sabonis. He's not all that great. He's actually getting worse. in the 2017 calendar year he's averaging 5.7ppg 3.9 rpg in 22 mpg on 37/16/68 shooting. and he's currently on a stretch where he's made 1 out of his last 16 threes.

I'm sure he'll end up being a fine pro long term but isn't the 6'11 no defense, good midrange-3 PF super easy to find now? is that really a guy you want on the magic?

If Rob was making that pick to hold on to do you think he would have even taken Sabonis? He may have just been making that pick for OKC.