Fultz4thewin

2016-2017 Season Discussion Thread

I haven't watched the last two games. Are they playing Ross and Fournier at the two and three offensively and then switching defense assignments?

Hard to say. Atlanta doesn't really have differentiating players at 2-3. See what happens when we play new York

Hard to say. Atlanta doesn't really have differentiating players at 2-3. See what happens when we play new York

They did point out that during the Portland game Ross was guarding McCollum on defense but was playing offense against Harkless. Defining the SG/SF spot between Ross and Fournier is pointless. They will switch and be switched on depending on who we play.

eh, almost a year and a half.

Ok, it is weird that Ross is only about a year and a half younger than Ibaka.

Not sure how much half a year makes when they both should be in their prime.

It seems like Ibaka is on the decline and Ross is on the rise though, which is strange.

It seems like Ibaka is on the decline and Ross is on the rise though, which is strange.

This was one of my biggest issues with trading for him... I think i actually posted this link before that i thought was a good write up on him, with a possibilty that he was older then is reported.

typically, players hit their peak seasons at 27 and you have a good 5 years in most cases at their best. Ross was 21 in his rookie year and only has 365 games played at 23 mpg. Historically, you start to see the big decline at 800 games. Though, Ross might be following the Millsap time table. Millsap just turned 32 and looks like he's got a few more years left in his prime.

Ibaka is nearing the 17,000 minute mark for his nba career. Ross is at 8512. Ibaka has 2761 playoff minutes. Ross has 600.

Andrew Wiggins has 8000 minutes played in his career. Oladipo has 9055.

So Ross has the wear/tear on his body that's closer to that of a 23 year old if we're looking at a one and done guy.