Fultz4thewin

2016-2017 Season Discussion Thread

I mean we were. There's an argument that playing smaller and getting a small forward on the court would result in better angles. And ibaka has been mostly good but he doesn't really attack closeouts. He just hits open shots.

I agree with you though. I don't think 3 or 4 really matters specific to Gordon. He'd get more rebounds which would inflate his PER and we'd all feel happy about that. But i think he'd play the same way.

That's why, ideally, you find another combo F to play with him. You get those good angles and let him drive to the rim.

He should have NEVER been told that he is a sf. He should have been groomed to be Griffin 2.0 from the start.

He should have NEVER been told that he is a sf. He should have been groomed to be Griffin 2.0 from the start.

I'd argue the biggest problem with Blake Griffin's career is they tried to convert him into a post up player. They should have let him play on the perimeter too. Dude is a monster with the ball in a pick and roll.

I'd argue the biggest problem with Blake Griffin's career is they tried to convert him into a post up player. They should have let him play on the perimeter too. Dude is a monster with the ball in a pick and roll.

Shawn Marion

That's who AG should be groomed like.

I find it both hilarious and sad there isn't even a game thread today and the game last night had two pages lmao

You can make it.

But yeah. I think we've discussed the team to the point that there's nothing left to discuss.

Maybe this has been discussed on here and I have missed it, but I am curious what everyone else thinks about this.

One thing I have noticed to be a common topic of conversation on this forum is the effort, or lack thereof, of our players. This strikes me as odd, that our players would seem so disinterested in playing basketball. Do we think that it is because they do not enjoy playing for Frank Vogel? Or for Rob Hennigan? Or for the Orlando fans? Or for each other? Or has losing for so long just killed their spirit, and they can only muster enough effort to play hard once a week or so? The last option seems reasonable, expect for players like Ibaka, Biyombo, and Green who are in their first year in Orlando. I worry that our players have given up on the coaching staff, management, or city, and that we are stuck in this situation until we completely gut the roster, again. I do not want to become the next Sacramento Kings, a team that is full of drama, chaos, disinterested players, and bad coaching/management. Yet I, like everyone else here, cannot seem to figure out why a professional sports team consistently shows little to no effort during a game.

My best guess is that they have given up on Vogel, due to his odd rotations and distribution of minutes, and that they have no motivation to give him any of their effort. Thoughts?

If certain players have given up on Vogel then they need to be shown the door. No player on this roster has earned that privilege.

With that said, I think there's no effort because this team has no identity and the players see that. They are probably not buying into what the coaching staff or front office is preaching so in essence, just collecting their game checks and moving on.

Why is "effort" always a reoccurring theme with the Orlando Magic Francine? Really gets tiring as a fan to constantly hear about the issues with effort.

I've always said, I can handle being a crappy team. Most the teams I'm fans of are crappy far more often than good--but I absolutely hate a team that can't just give their fans effort everynight.