Fultz4thewin

2016-2017 Season Discussion Thread

First, I love AG. However, his offensive game looks atrocious right now. He's jacking up bad shots and displaying a really low team bb iq. Thoughts?

In my opinion the same reason why it's hard for AG is that same reason our other players struggle on offense. We rarely run plays "designed" to get a particular player open. AKA calling someone's number. If we're trying to get someone hot we should call someone's number a couple times in a row in an attempt to get them in a rhythm. Too often we end up instead with some level of passing but ultimately resulting in hero ball anyway.

First, I love AG. However, his offensive game looks atrocious right now. He's jacking up bad shots and displaying a really low team bb iq. Thoughts?

As I have said before he is regressing on the offense. Not a good sign of him becoming a decent player. I see him as a bigger Tony Allen not much more.

As I have said before he is regressing on the offense. Not a good sign of him becoming a decent player. I see him as a bigger Tony Allen not much more.

Vogel is pretty clueless on offense too

Its something he's gong to have to push through. This is going to be a long process, not something where the light switch turns on and he's good to go

Its something he's gong to have to push through. This is going to be a long process, not something where the light switch turns on and he's good to go

AG needs to be switched back to the power forward position. And for that we need to get rid of Ibaka. As simple as that!

• Upvote 2

AG needs to be switched back to the power forward position. And for that we need to get rid of Ibaka. As simple as that!

Sure. If we suddenly wanted to start winning

He's better suited at the 4. He's not a creator.

I think his minutes shouldn't drop. We should just give Gordon and Hezonja the Devin Booker treatment

His position listing on the program still doesn't matter. His game is the same either way.

Agree about his minutes though.

Sure. If we suddenly wanted to start winning

Since we were winning with him lining up at the 4 before...you're better than that!

Since we were winning with him lining up at the 4 before...you're better than that!

I mean we were. There's an argument that playing smaller and getting a small forward on the court would result in better angles. And ibaka has been mostly good but he doesn't really attack closeouts. He just hits open shots.

I agree with you though. I don't think 3 or 4 really matters specific to Gordon. He'd get more rebounds which would inflate his PER and we'd all feel happy about that. But i think he'd play the same way.

That's why, ideally, you find another combo F to play with him. You get those good angles and let him drive to the rim.