Fultz4thewin

2016-2017 Season Discussion Thread

If we loose today we are going to be the 2nd worse record in the league behind Brooklin and the four overall worst in the league.

If we keep it up I see us going for a Top 3 pick in this year draft just behind Brooklin and the Suns.

Lets try to make those teams better. Lets trade Serge to the Suns for 2 future first round picks and Fournier to Brooklin for Lin(which is injured) Lets get that first pick !!!:creaturedance:/>

It would be nice to acquire the better of our pick or the Nets since I doubt we can find a way to acquire the Nets pick out right. At least at that point we probably have a 75% chance of landing one of the top 2 picks and thus not needing a talent to fall to us (which it hasnt lately). Hard to believe the best thing to look forward to this year is the damn ping pong balls again.....uggh

It would be nice to acquire the better of our pick or the Nets since I doubt we can find a way to acquire the Nets pick out right. At least at that point we probably have a 75% chance of landing one of the top 2 picks and thus not needing a talent to fall to us (which it hasnt lately). Hard to believe the best thing to look forward to this year is the damn ping pong balls again.....uggh

I hate wishing on the floating number system.... but it's the only silver lining we have right now... 5yrs after the fact.... sigh.... one day we will be good

I hate wishing on the floating number system.... but it's the only silver lining we have right now... 5yrs after the fact.... sigh.... one day we will be good

Yes i agree, after the first 2 years i was watching the games on TV hoping for a win. I did not root for the ping pong balls the last two years and i was right. We got Mario and traded Sabonis.

This year is different, we need that Lottery Magic to save us!

I think Jaylen Brown is my favorite potential Ibaka trade prospect but I'm not sure if that's because he's good or if that's because of the major boston contingent on Twitter who massively overrate their own players which drives up their perception somewhat.

Like, you'd think Marcus Smart is destined for stardom based on how boston fans talk about him but isn't he just a rich man's keyon dooling?

I think Jaylen Brown is my favorite potential Ibaka trade prospect but I'm not sure if that's because he's good or if that's because of the major boston contingent on Twitter who massively overrate their own players which drives up their perception somewhat.

Like, you'd think Marcus Smart is destined for stardom based on how boston fans talk about him but isn't he just a rich man's keyon dooling?

Me too but I think they are holding out for Butler.

When i see Boston fans talk about Ibaka it's usually Young or Amir they want to send.

Me too but I think they are holding out for Butler.

When i see Boston fans talk about Ibaka it's usually Young or Amir they want to send.

yeah, don't listen to boston fans though. they're irrational.

Go look at any thread when an analyst brings up a Butler trade. they'll throw something like Avery Bradley, Jaylen Brown, and the nets pick and boston fans will stream in saying "WHATTT!!!??? There's no way we give up Bradley AND the nets pick for Jimmy Butler."

yeah, don't listen to boston fans though. they're irrational.

Go look at any thread when an analyst brings up a Butler trade. they'll throw something like Avery Bradley, Jaylen Brown, and the nets pick and boston fans will stream in saying "WHATTT!!!??? There's no way we give up Bradley AND the nets pick for Jimmy Butler."

Posted from a Boston fan:

"How do you not trade Amir/Zizic/BKN 17 for Cousins, follow up with Rozier for Noel, and call it a day?"

I mean seriously. The pick is a good start. Zizic I like as a prospect but this is horrible imo. Deal has to have Crowder, Bradley, or Brown as well.

Posted from a Boston fan:

"How do you not trade Amir/Zizic/BKN 17 for Cousins, follow up with Rozier for Noel, and call it a day?"

I mean seriously. The pick is a good start. Zizic I like as a prospect but this is horrible imo. Deal has to have Crowder, Bradley, or Brown as well.

Yeah i think it's pretty obvious that Boston can trump any team in a trade right now or this summer. What the fans want to give up is always horrible.

Boston might be the only team that can pry away a star player but it's got to be a godfather offer. IMHO this only helps us because if we can make any kind of trade to get Jaylen Brown right now i'd take it. As long as we don't give up Gordon,Payton or our 1st round pick i would do it. I don't think Boston makes the big trade until they know what pick they have for sure this summer.

Here is a link for delusional Celtics trade talks

http://www.celticsblog.com/2017/1/31/14451350/nba-trade-rumor-why-hasnt-ainge-made-a-move-yet-because-jimmy-butler-celtics-bulls

I'm glad many have warmed on Jaylen. Last summers trade would equate to dipo + #11 pick for the #3 pick ( plus the few inconsequential pieces moved for cap reasons)

... Marcus smart is garbage. I want no part of him.

Of all the rumours and potential trades, Jaylen Brown is certainly the best that seems feasible, it would definitely show a direction I would like to see, going back to youth.

I would be happy with a front court of Brown / Gordon / Biz

Hey guys been reading these forums since The Dwight era been here for a while now just never post much. Does anyone else see how empty the arena looks. Yikes wonder what the season low is for attendance this may be it.

Hey guys been reading these forums since The Dwight era been here for a while now just never post much. Does anyone else see how empty the arena looks. Yikes wonder what the season low is for attendance this may be it.

Josh Robbins pointed that out too. Said there was a "weird atmosphere". Can't say I've heard that about sports before. Just wish it signaled an actual change to something!