Fultz4thewin

2016-2017 Season Discussion Thread

whats awful?

if we're just talking about Rudy Gay, ok sure he's on an expiring deal so who cares. we get another guy to make buckets. we get Gordon back at 4. we have minutes opened up for different lineups.

if it's Vucevic is worth more than Rudy gay you need to re-evaluate Vucevic's value.

Woah! That was ruthless!

At the end of the day Biyombo came here because we offered more money than the next guy. He didn't come here for a championship because we are far away from that, he turned those teams down when he chose us.

Ibaka was traded here, I never once heard him say... Man I would love to come to the Magic and play for them. Again we are far away from a championship team.

Green same thing, 15M... shoot, who wouldn't.

And people wonder why our team looks disinterested and not wanting to compete, these guys are not playing for a champ. They are playing for a check.

Wait, what?

This is pretty dumb reasoning. So we should never sign anyone or trade for anyone or draft anyone because they earn a check and didn't ask specifically to play here? I think the only player in our history that fits your criteria is Horace Grant

I should clarify, I don't think Rudy Gay is good.

but I'd understand dumping vucevic for some random future protected pick this offseason for the cap space (at best)

and Rudy Gay is going to opt out of his contract this offseason

and we need consistent scoring which he provides

and it would open up room for Gordon to play the 4

so if vucevic gone = 12 million in cap space

and Gay leaving this offseason = 12 million in cap space

then we're basically no worse off and the roster is more balanced.

Paul George baby. Making room for Paul George. Yeah I like it.

Paul George baby. Making room for Paul George. Yeah I like it.

Based on the new cba it's highly unlikely that Paul George will ever leave Indiana unless he really doesn't like money

It's common sense at this point that if we get Vuc out of here, then Ibaka would move at center. The Gordon SF experiment failed. Time to move on.

Nah, Vogel doesn't work like that. He's a fan of twin towers

Mario should absolutely be getting reps in the DLeague but the GM doesn't have the spine to do it. When you send the #5 pick there that's a big indictment on what kind of player you have.

Wouldn't a bigger indictment be that he can't even see the floor on a team that clearly sucks most nights?

there's no way we get cousins with that package. we have to outbid too many teams.

I bet it'd be http://www.espn.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=j4m2rsy

and if we keep Ibaka and payton and run payton-fournier-green-Ibaka-cousins then great.

but that doesn't happen.

How about this then ...

http://www.espn.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=jeddg3p