Fultz4thewin

2016-2017 Season Discussion Thread

P4TW, I would love to hear your opinion on the new CBA.

its a little too early to get into it as only the major items have been reported.

The 45% increase of set salary (MLE, BAE, vet min, rookie scale) was expected but seems a bit low. will be interesting to see if the rookie scale jumps a bit more. These contract types subsidize the crazy spending on mid-tier free agents.

They might have changed the max contract calculation to be a percentage of the actual cap (44.74% of the BRI) instead of the weird alternative calculation (42.14%). this is because they're discussing 10 year max guys with a base year salary of 36 million which is closer to the former calculation. They also might have tweaked the BRI calculation a bit so my theory might be incorrect.

Initially the designated player exception was being reported as being available "regardless of cap room". initially I thought that meant that any team could offer a free agent that meets the critieria that contract (which would significantly open up player movement for elite players. though it might be a bad thing for small market teams like us). upon further reading it looks like it's just a designated player exception for extensions so you'll be able to pick a player that meets a specific criteria and get him more money/years. that's nice for teams that already have their franchise player. not great for those looking for one as it further incentivizes keeping your own player.

My favorite thing is the expanded roster with something like transition spot designations. so we'll have our 15 roster spots and then a couple spots (not sure how many) of guys that spend most of their time in the d-league but can be called up from time to time.

the season is going to be longer which is nice.

ultimately there's some good things here but also some unintended consequences. Draft picks don't move as much now because they're valuable as subsidized salaries. Franchise type players don't get moved as often because teams have so many avenues to keep them. These new policies continue down that road instead of going back to 10 years ago where trades happened constantly and we were perpetually 6 months away from the next superstar switching teams.

Fournier's uptick in assists is very nice to see. Granted this turnovers are also up but with Payton being worthless every other game it's fine. I maintain that Evan will be *awesome* if he's paired next to a legit scoring PG. Like peeps will be saying he's the next Klay.

Josh Robbins ‏@JoshuaBRobbins · 2m2 minutes ago

The Magic have announced that they have assigned C.J. Wilcox and Stephen Zimmerman to their D-League affiliate in Erie.

Fournier's uptick in assists is very nice to see. Granted this turnovers are also up but with Payton being worthless every other game it's fine. I maintain that Evan will be *awesome* if he's paired next to a legit scoring PG. Like peeps will be saying he's the next Klay.

Stay tuned

The unguardable move is at 24 seconds and 1:38

What are we looking for here?

The first one seems like a slight head fake into drive.

The second the same but Griffin over commits on the closeout and gets stuck.

I'm not seeing much of a move.

What are we looking for here?

The first one seems like a slight head fake into drive.

The second the same but Griffin over commits on the closeout and gets stuck.

I'm not seeing much of a move.

its the jump and stay in the air longer than other human beings move.

Helpside defense can get to it but a defender on his hip cant contest.

We have 10 games between now and trade season.

The hope is we go 3-7 or worse or 6-4 or better. That points us in a definitive direction.

4-6 would be some purgatory where we're not bad enough at 10-17 to be out of the playoff race but not good enough to provide confidence in the roster going forward

we ended up 5-5