Fultz4thewin

2016-2017 Season Discussion Thread

With the opposing teams we have played this year. We should be 11-4 not 6-9. This team is better than this. I blame Vogel. His rotations are horrible. His starting lineup is flawed. His offensive scheme is high schoolish. What is this guy thinking?

Yeah at this point I have no idea what the hell hes doing -- I'm not sure it's all his fault, his players suck. But these lineups are garbage including the SL

Well, if we were playing AG at the 4 like I believe we should, I would agree.

Could you please explain to me how we would be better right now with AG labeled a 4 instead of a 3?

We could be just as fun to watch with some small tweaks, but our coach still plays Vucevic and Biyombo together every game...

There is a very good reason why this is happening, I believe your biases are not allowing you to see it clearly.

With the opposing teams we have played this year. We should be 11-4 not 6-9. This team is better than this. I blame Vogel. His rotations are horrible. His starting lineup is flawed. His offensive scheme is high schoolish. What is this guy thinking?

Agreed

Could you please explain to me how we would be better right now with AG labeled a 4 instead of a 3?

I don't know if we would be better, the team as an whole sucks, but I believe AG alone would have an bigger immediate impact.

His game has always resembles of an PF and this year we decided he's going to be a perimeter player now.

Yeah at this point I have no idea what the hell hes doing -- I'm not sure it's all his fault, his players suck. But these lineups are garbage including the SL

The problem is the organization never really commited. During the JV era we decide to fire him and let Borrego have the reigns. Borrego who's looking for an head coaching gig or coaching gig period, isn't going to be on board with tanking because as an interm, the likelihood of sticking around is slim and he's interviewing for his next job.

Then comes Skiles who had the intention to develop but Skiles doesn't have the temperament to do it long term with a bunch of guys. I think in his own way he tried. He tried to instill hard nosed discipline and for guys like Mario and AG, and even Dipo to some degree he can get away with that.

Harris, Vuch, and Payton? No way.

Henny wasn't ready to give up on Payton and I think that conflicted with what skiles felt. Skiles also wanted to win so I believe he wanted to keep a few and trade others to stay competitive. Developing while competing. Kinda like what we're doing now minus the heavy minutes going to Mario.

Now Vogel who immediately upon hiring is talking about playoffs prematurely. I know he's trying to get the fan base and the team amped up and all excited but this team was full of undeveloped players and some guys lacking mental toughness. Henny then signs vets and trades for another. That signals an end to the playoff droughts but the problem is your high draft picks are further behind then you thought but you can't go back on the playoff war chant in the off season. You look incompetent by doing that.

Doesn't help that some of your vets suck, one of your picks plays over seas instead of working on his game for the next season, and another is being switched to different an position and role that he isn't use to.

At this point, there has to be an commitment to one thing rather its development or winning. Sure you can keep an player around or two if winning is now the focus which is what may very well happen. However that could backfire if we don't get back legit talent.

I find it frustrating that Henny is never asked this question. "Henny, what is the focus here? Winning or development? Don't give us this feel good, a little bit of both crap." Our journalists are so company guys like it's disgusting.

Including against the Suns, anyone know what Green is shooting as a starter?

Edit: I don't think this includes the goose egg tonight against the Suns, but as a starter with us Green is shooting 28% from the field and 10% from three... http://stats.nba.com/player/#!/201145/stats/. How is this guy in the starting lineup? He's awful.

Okay these are Green's numbers as a starter with us: 28% FG and 10% 3-PT. What is going on here? How is he allowed to play, let alone start? This franchise has become a mess.

I am very upset because of our situation...Teams like Bucks, Knicks, 76ers, Heat they have a lot of potential-Greek guy, Porzingiz, Simmons and Embiid, Whiteside etc. We got no potential...A lot of people on this board think that Mario and AG are future stars, I am not sold yet, actually they look more and more like a solid role players max...

we have terrible PG, average SG whose contact look worse every day, overpaid veterans and the coach whom I have never liked...

• Upvote 1

Okay these are Green's numbers as a starter with us: 28% FG and 10% 3-PT. What is going on here? How is he allowed to play, let alone start? This franchise has become a mess.

More than a mess, it's a joke.