Fultz4thewin

2016-2017 Season Discussion Thread

I have "weird reasoning" for pointing out why Payton is not torching the league? Pointing out a total lack of consistency in coaching and roster is "weird reasoning"?

every player has to know where every player is.

Payton's been good this year but your reasoning is weird. it has more to do with the offense being tailored to Payton's strengths and that giving payton confidence (or Vogel just reaching Payton better than skiles did but we'll never be able to verify that unless someone comes out and says it).

Final season in college, now in his 3rd in the NBA. Doing some basic math, this is his 4th consecutive year on basically a brand new team.

So using that logic every player comes into the league with two different coaches in two years (last year of college/first year NBA) and some three different coaches if they come out after their freshman year and we go all the way back to high school. It's like I get what you're trying to say but you're exaggerating what could otherwise be a valid point. FWIW he's actually had four different head coaches in three years (JV, Barrego, Skiles, Vogel) in the NBA. I don't see the point in counting college because everyone deals with that transition.

I forgot about Borrego, but he had been there the whole season so not drastic. Yes, they all have a transition their rookie year, and don't we have lower expectations because of the magnitude of the transition? I will also point out that GSW has a rather new roster this year with nearly new bench and some new starters. Despite all of the talent, and despite all of the experience, they have already lost more games than they lost in the first two months of last season. :rolleyes:

My point with Payton, and others like Gordon, is that they have no stability to build on. Not much carries over from one season to the next.

So using that logic every player comes into the league with two different coaches in two years (last year of college/first year NBA) and some three different coaches if they come out after their freshman year and we go all the way back to high school. It's like I get what you're trying to say but you're exaggerating what could otherwise be a valid point. FWIW he's actually had four different head coaches in three years (JV, Barrego, Skiles, Vogel) in the NBA. I don't see the point in counting college because everyone deals with that transition.

I forgot about Borrego, but he had been there the whole season so not drastic. Yes, they all have a transition their rookie year, and don't we have lower expectations because of the magnitude of the transition? I will also point out that GSW has a rather new roster this year with nearly new bench and some new starters. Despite all of the talent, and despite all of the experience, they have already lost more games than they lost in the first two months of last season. :rolleyes:/>

My point with Payton, and others like Gordon, is that they have no stability to build on. Not much carries over from one season to the next.

This is too much for me, between the college coach transition to the comparison to 15-16 GSW best regular season team of all time. All I have to say is the COACH is not putting the ball in the hoop. The players are, and they are the ones responsible for their play. It doesn't matter if Barney and Baby Bop are on the team. It's up to Elfrid to know where they are so they can make the next play. I mean it's basketball not rocket science!

On a different note: we were 0-4 against the Wizards last year. We had a lot of trouble with Wall in particular. Will we see different results this year?

On a different note: we were 0-4 against the Wizards last year. We had a lot of trouble with Wall in particular. Will we see different results this year?

Hope so. Both teams have different coaches. Luckily, Kardashian isn't on the team anymore to randomly go off on us. They're coming off a close W in Atlanta tonight. I'm optimistic

I know it's early, but I really think the Warriors are worse this year even though they added Durant. No depth at all, worse defensively, Iguodala has really regressed, a lot of redundancies on offense when the starters are in, and Pachulia is absolute garbage and a huge downgrade from Bogut. Just haven't been impressed at all by them, even last night when they blew out OKC. They'll still be in it for a title run, but they seem to have more weaknesses than last year

They lost last night to the Lakers and you could see some serious breakdowns in team defense. That is something that takes a bit of time to develop no matter how much talent you have on the floor. They definitely have a much weaker bench. I could point out they haven't meshed yet as a team but the flamethrowers would not like that comment.

I know it's early, but I really think the Warriors are worse this year even though they added Durant. No depth at all, worse defensively, Iguodala has really regressed, a lot of redundancies on offense when the starters are in, and Pachulia is absolute garbage and a huge downgrade from Bogut. Just haven't been impressed at all by them, even last night when they blew out OKC. They'll still be in it for a title run, but they seem to have more weaknesses than last year

Looks like we have a pretty good shot at winning tonight and getting to .500.

Washington Wizards point guard John Wall will sit out Saturday's game at the Orlando Magic as he continues his recovery from offseason surgery on each of his knees.

After the Wizards beat the Atlanta Hawks 95-92 on Friday night, Washington coach Scott Brooks announced that Wall would miss the second half of a back-to-back at Orlando.

Brooks and Wall both termed it part of the plan that was drawn up for the three-time All-Star guard heading into this season.

Brooks indicated that Wizards rookie Tomas Satoransky would probably start Saturday in Wall's place.

Wall, who entered Friday second in the NBA in assists this season, needs four assists to break Wes Unseld's career franchise record.

http://www.espn.com/...o-magic-planned