Optimist Prime

CFB 2016

Umm, opening week was awesome. The playoffs add a new dimension to the game with teams looking for good OOC games to bolster their SOS. SEC is no longer the force it was always viewed to be. Other surprise teams are moving up in the standings.

FSU has the weirdest half-to-half turnaround I've ever seen. Alabama looked terrible for a few possessions then absolutely dominated. ND looked ready to steal one then fell flat (is Texas back?). TA&M, Wisconsin, and Houston stepped up big against quality competition. Even the FCS teams were trouble for their P5 opponents.

Can't wait to see what happens next...

Personal top-4 right now:

1: Bama

2: FSU

3: OSU

4: Houston

I think Bama walks to a championship this year and it's not close.

its Alabama

Clemson

FSU

Ohio State

Michigan

The next 12 teams

Everybody else.

Louisville scares me. I think FSU loses there.

I think Bama walks to a championship this year and it's not close.

its Alabama

Clemson

FSU

Ohio State

Michigan

The next 12 teams

Everybody else.

Louisville scares me. I think FSU loses there.

It's hard to see Bama losing right now after destroying USC while barely using a quarterback. FSU/Clemson are interchangeable right now since I think only one of them gets into the playoff.

I'm glad Ole Miss was game 1, so FSU could get experience against a great defense that could stop the run game. Do you think UL is better than Ole Miss? Francois looked like the real deal. But the defense needs to fix the lapses of coverage in the secondary. Were it not for some bad passes/reads from Kelly, that game would have been completely different. They got lucky there.

It's hard to see Bama losing right now after destroying USC while barely using a quarterback. FSU/Clemson are interchangeable right now since I think only one of them gets into the playoff.

I'm glad Ole Miss was game 1, so FSU could get experience against a great defense that could stop the run game. Do you think UL is better than Ole Miss? Francois looked like the real deal. But the defense needs to fix the lapses of coverage in the secondary. Were it not for some bad passes/reads from Kelly, that game would have been completely different. They got lucky there.

I think both FSU and Clemson could make the playoff but it would require FSU losing to Clemson, Clemson undefeated, a good UF team, Mississippi as a 2 loss team, and every other conference champion as a Two loss team other than Alabama and whoever the Big Ten send.

I think Lousiville is in the same general realm as Mississippi. The problem is the game is in Louisville and FSU generally comes out sleepy for noon games.

They still need to expand the playoffs before this sport is even worth watching anymore for me.

They still need to expand the playoffs before this sport is even worth watching anymore for me.

It can't really go beyond 6 or 8 teams. I like that they are doing it though. It makes things more interesting, and legitimizes the national championship in a lot of ways. It's just really hard to choose a top team when you have enough for its own league just between two of the top five conferences.

It can't really go beyond 6 or 8 teams. I like that they are doing it though. It makes things more interesting, and legitimizes the national championship in a lot of ways. It's just really hard to choose a top team when you have enough for its own league just between two of the top five conferences.

yeah, any given year there's never more than 6 deserving teams.