Soul Bro

2017 NBA Draft Thread

Kmart was a beast. Loved watching him play.

Difference is he knew his role. He wasn't trying to be a perimeter player. He was going to block your shot, rebound the ball rather if he had 10 or 20+.

AG I think struggles or at least did with his role because he sees he can handle the ball somewhat,

pull off a few crossovers, and pass, and wants to be more perimeter oriented.

That is the new role expected of PFs. The modern PF is supposed to be able to handle the ball somewhat, pass, and be more perimeter oriented.

That is the new role expected of PFs. The modern PF is supposed to be able to handle the ball somewhat, pass, and be more perimeter oriented.

I know but Draymond isn't trying to be KD ya know?

AG was going completely away from what he's naturally good at.

K-mart was a Man. Not intimidated by anyone. Wish ag had his tude.

Gordon is still a year younger than rookie year martin. at the same age, martin was averaging 10 points and 6 rebounds per game in his junior year.

Gordon is still a year younger than rookie year martin. at the same age, martin was averaging 10 points and 6 rebounds per game in his junior year.

True and I see it in AG, SOMETIMES. Kmart had it all the time. Some times too much.

Apparently Kmart has a son

I know but Draymond isn't trying to be KD ya know?

AG was going completely away from what he's naturally good at.

Well, he was asked to play SF last year...

Not sure what you want from him. It wasn't his fault that he was played out of position for so long- besides the fact that he perhaps had too much confidence in his own ability there.

He is good at using his dribbling and first step at PF, it is just not effective at SF, where the players can keep up with him and he doesn't have the jump shot necessary to help fend them off.

Well, he was asked to play SF last year...

Not sure what you want from him. It wasn't his fault that he was played out of position for so long- besides the fact that he perhaps had too much confidence in his own ability there.

He is good at using his dribbling and first step at PF, it is just not effective at SF, where the players can keep up with him and he doesn't have the jump shot necessary to help fend them off.

They didn't really ask. He's been itching to play SF for some time. Even said in a interview that he'll play anywhere but sees himself as a SF and Scottie Pippen is who he reminds himself of.

Ask KMart and he's probably gonna say "anywhere I can block someone's **** and posterize someone."

AG at SF wasn't good. He didn't look fluid at all. His natural strengths are sorta on par with Kmart. Good around the basket. Offensive rebounds and putbacks. Shot blocking.

Mid range and post up. Sure he can dribble and pass but it was awkward at times.

If AG nails 35% from 3 this year he will be a borderline all star this season. I got a good feeling about him at his NATURAL position.

If AG nails 35% from 3 this year he will be a borderline all star this season. I got a good feeling about him at his NATURAL position.

If AG plays naturally, like let the game come to him and not try too hard or camp out on the perimeter, he'll be great.

If AG plays naturally, like let the game come to him and not try too hard or camp out on the perimeter, he'll be great.

Hope springs eternal. People have been saying this exact same thing for years.

Hope springs eternal. People have been saying this exact same thing for years.

and he's continuously gotten better.

It's not like oladipo where we've said "look! he shot 40% from 3 for a month! as he gets more experience he'll do that more often!"

his sophomore year he went for 7.7 and 6.1 pre all star. Then 12 and 7.3 post all star.

last year he went 11.2 and 4.6 pre all star. Then 16.4 and 6.2 post all star.

and I guess maybe he's a 16.4 and 6 or 7 guy but he's still only 21. we wont know for a couple more years.

I think it's too early to say AG won't be special as a PF. After we traded Serge, he put up 16 and 6 while shooting 50% from the field and 83% from the line. Plus, he's a very solid two way player and still only 21 years old.

That's solid, but its not special. At this point I would be happy if he put that up an entire season.